Nothing left to lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing left to lose

I know a lot of us feel this way. However, what we have to lose is ourselves. The pain of living horrors is less than living love, life and hope. It's fucking hard, I know... but we alone can make a better world just by choosing to be better.

This should be in a thread that I started long ago. It's not though...so live with it...and hopefully it makes you think....
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Nothing left to lose

RingingCedars;1235679 wrote: I know a lot of us feel this way. However, what we have to lose is ourselves. The pain of living horrors is less than living love, life and hope. It's fucking hard, I know... but we alone can make a better world just by choosing to be better.

This should be in a thread that I started long ago. It's not though...so live with it...and hopefully it makes you think....
    Hiya RC,

It is horrible, and not right when/if we lose ourselves, and i lost myself for ages. Dead man walking really. The only thing left for me to lose was my life, for i felt i had lost everything else, and i really didn't care if i lived or died. You could point a gun at me and i'd be indifferent. But, i was wrong. Somehow I found a little spark that i could eventually ignite and get back in the game, and fortunately, did.

Wishing you a happy and healthy new year friend. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Nothing left to lose

Guitarista;1235683 wrote: Hiya RC,

It is horrible, and not right when/if we lose ourselves, and i lost myself for ages. Dead man walking really. The only thing left for me to lose was my life, for i felt i had lost everything else, and i really didn't care if i lived or died. You could point a gun at me and i'd be indifferent. But, i was wrong. Somehow I found a little spark that i could eventually ignite and get back in the game, and fortunately, did.

Wishing you a happy and healthy new year friend. :l

Ditto G Man. And I found out that the things I had
      thought lost forever could be gained back again. Sometimes well beyond my expectations.
      It's a tough road back, but so worth it.
      RC, PM me if you need anything.
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Nothing left to lose

That's my point MrG. Some of us (maybe many) hurt so badly that we make the excuse that we can drown justifiably. But, where does that leave us?? Usually still bereft and hopeless. So, let's get the fuck outta there. Right? Right! We are the only one to let life take us down. I'll die fighting for my right. That sounds so ...so...so....strong... perhaps I am after all....strong...perhaps you all are too...that's why we're here....

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Nothing left to lose

Mishy ((hugs)) baby!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Nothing left to lose

Hiya Mish!

Great to see you again, and congratulations on your AF time. Sensational!

I think many of us are strong RC, and often stronger than we think, and of course, AL doesn't discriminate between weak and strong etc, as we know. Strength is necessary, but for me, i need to out fox the (AL) fox in me. Knowing how my cunning baffling addictive mind/body/voice works and not falling for it's tricks, is the key for me.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Nothing left to lose

RingingCedars;1235687 wrote: That's my point MrG. Some of us (maybe many) hurt so badly that we make the excuse that we can drown justifiably. But, where does that leave us?? Usually still bereft and hopeless. So, let's get the fuck outta there. Right? Right!
              It is often tempting for me to cross over once again into the abyss and forget all responsibility, but soon enough i'm back in the hell. On balance, for me, living is much better. If we just put in some effort, and stick it out, we can change old destructive routines, and take our lives back. It takes persistence i've found, so we might as well find ways to enjoy the journey back to freedom and our truth. And i can start by killing procrastination, and doing things i love to do daily. :welcome:

Comment

Nothing left to lose

Again you make my point Gman. We can only be as strong as we've been weak. It's the spectrum. I''m fuskin strong. But what does that mean as far as alcohol has a stronghold on my life and being? AL can take a flying leap! I'm not all that, but I'm kicking it!!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Nothing left to lose

I think that was a cross post darlin xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Nothing left to lose

Although sometimes love can hurt like no other pain ever........Ill take physical pain ANNNNNY day over emotional pain Attached files [img]/converted_files/1742580=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nothing left to lose

Nelz;1235710 wrote:

Although sometimes love can hurt like no other pain ever........Ill take physical pain ANNNNNY day over emotional pain
                      Me too Nelz.

Hope you're well buddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X