Researching my sugar cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I could eat sugar with a spoon by the pound at this point.....sooooooooo.....as my naturally curious mind does.....I went looking for answers.

Long read, but dayum, its packed full of GREAT info......I needed to share

Alcoholism & Other Addictions
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

THANK YOU NELZ!

That was great information. I too have been a sugar consumer in never before seen quantities! I will use this info foe self-help, since I think my doctor doesn't understand that the way I'm feeling not is not related to a recent C diff infection.

Sometimes I think we have to take charge and do what we have to do to get better. This sugar thing is incredible! I have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia and will act accordingly.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks, Nelz.

This is a good reminder for me. I have the book SEVEN WEEKS TO SOBRIETY, and it is excellent. I have all the vitamins and supplements she recommends, but you have to take so many--and just about every two hours. However, since I am not working now, I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow. I also did a google search for THIRTY SUGAR FREE DAYS, and you can sign up for the daily hints for free. You get one each day, and I have saved all those emails. Am going to give it a shot!
      Thanks again, and Happy New Year!!

TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

The sugar thing is certainly and buggar! When I first sobered up I followed the MWO program with the exception of Topa. I did really well. Right up until about 14 months AF when I let sugar back in my life. UGGH!!! What a mistake!

Sigh.

Guess what I will be working on in 2012!

I also was really worried about the blood sugar thing - everything I read about alkies and hypoglycemia. And also high blood sugar as my dad is diabetic. Finally someone gave me some really practical advice. "Why don't you buy a blood glucose meter for about $10?" LOL. Now at least there is no guessing about my blood sugar. (thankfully it is very stable)

Good stuff Nelz!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Nelz - if you up your protein, you will find your sugar cravings go down.....
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
          X