NINETY AF DAYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NINETY AF DAYS

I'm so happy to report that New Year's Day is both a milestone and a starting point fo me.
    The start of my first ever AF year. I never though I could do it and now I know that I can.
    And the 90 days feels good, for one reason in previous attempts I let my counting get sloppy. Like I have said I didn't feel that 100% commitment like I do now. So the self-doubt always grew into giving up.

At this point I feel that I can set some goals for the year without being complacent about not drinking. The things I want to do just don't include alcohol. Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking about the times when I choose not to be around alcohol, and people are offended.
    They will just have to get over it-I am taking care of myself in the only way I know how.
    If that includes not participating in a Christmas Eve gathering so be it.

This place has been a wonderful oasis for me. All of you are so great and understanding. I am thrilled that I found this place at exactly the same time other things were fitting together for me so added together it all works.

Thank you all and happy new year!

NINETY AF DAYS

Wonderful stuff Ann. You have a great sober new year!

John xxx
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Ann, I'm so impressed with your commitment. I too stay away from things that I feel might be triggers for me. We have to save ourselves first.

Congrats on your 90 days - I always love your posts. Thanks for being here.

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Congratulations Ann - that is huge achievement and I look forward to my 100 days!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

:wd::happy::yay::wave::wave::banana: CONGRATULATIONS ANN! 90 DAYS IS AWESOME!
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Rock on Ann! Keep it up, and you will soon be in 'tripple digies" now how cool does that sound.......LOL

Be very proud of what you have done, we all know its not very easy, but it sure is worth it.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1746434=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

CONGRATS Ann!
              You have come a long way
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Well done on your goal Ann you did very well. If people are offended thats their problem not yours, your sobriety comes first. Its your life, its your health.:yougo::yougo::yougo:

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Congratulations, Ann! That is some achievement. What a nice way to start the new year!

TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

It is said often whatever one puts before their sobriety will be the first thing they lose, but I dunno bout that.

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Congratulations, Ann, it's an absolute pleasure to read you posts. So glad you found us.

J x
                      :l
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Great job ann,What a way to start your New year.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

:yougo::yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 90 DAYS SOBER!!!:yougo::yougo::yougo:

fABulous way to ring in the new year!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

THANK YOU ALL!

Many thanks for the support. And another star from Nelz! This IS a big day!
                            Beautiful weather today. I went to a nearby lake a took a walk around it. I can't recall a new year's day that included activity other than sleeping. It was very crowded over there; it's amazing what a terrific world is out there if you let yourself see it.

In these 90 days I've learned a lot, including the fact that I've got a lot to learn. Just how to BE-without drinking, how to feel the things you feel and process them in a healthy way instead of drinking and yammering about it to someone who doesn't want to hear it anyway.
                            I have to admit I have not played music in quite a while. My guitars are just sitting here.
                            Not sure why exactly. Maybe I'll play some today.

Thanks again and I hope everyone is having a great day.

Comment

NINETY AF DAYS

Congratulations
                              Ann what a fabulous achievement. I look forward to your posts in 2012. You are an inspiration. Thank You
                              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                              November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X