L-Glutamine and Milk Thistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am new here and about three days sober. I was drinking anywhere from 6-9 beers each night (I am female). I cut this back considerably from what I used to drink before I had children (morning until pass out no limit- so I have come a long way without help). However, I decided that this isn't what I want to do anymore, so here I am beginning this journey of sobriety.

My doctor easily prescribed me the medication Antabuse as soon as I voiced my concerns with him about my drinking. I have been doing a lot of research and don't feel that this medication is safe or something I am willing to take. I have always had very adverse side effects to medications (I cannot even take birth control without each side effect affecting me).

So my question is, has anyone had any experience with L-Glutamine and Milk Thistle? Combined together would they be effective in helping me stay sober. I drink from about 4 or 5 pm until bed. I have no cravings until about this time, my mornings are usually spent telling myself I do not need any beer tonight. By about 4 my mind has done a 360 and off to the fridge I go. I need something to change my mind and help me stay sober. It is extremely difficult for me to do this without help. I know I am an addict and my will power is gone when it comes to beer. I just love it too much.

Hello & welcome to MWO Pkarp!

Wine was my poison of choice & a lot of it too!
    Believe it or not I traded mugs decaf green tea for my wine nearly three years ago!

I never tried Milk Thistle due to allergy concerns but have taken some L-Glutamine to cotrol sugar cravings - it helps. I think what helped me most was the MWO Hypno CDs. They helped me change my mind about AL & helped me really want to be sober

Here's a link for the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, it's full of good ideas to help you make a plan. Keeping yourself busy & your mind occupied during the whitching hour(s) really helps.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support!
    You can do this

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you so much. I will check out the toolbox and keep researching my topic. There has to be a way without taking OTC's.

BTW, what allergy concerns did you have with Milk Thistle?? I seem to have allergies to just about every OTC so I'm curious.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X