Focus on Fitness/20 Days AF in Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any mods out there want to join me for this January 2012 goal of getting more fit and counting AF days? It worked for me last July but then thread turned into totally AF, and I didn't feel welcome there. By saying it worked I mean that I felt excited to be healthier and concentrate on big X's on calendar for days I did not drink, it just put a more positive swing on things.

Will report back later on today's exercise.

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

hi t m health

ToMyHealth;1237679 wrote: Any mods out there want to join me for this January 2012 goal of getting more fit and counting AF days? It worked for me last July but then thread turned into totally AF, and I didn't feel welcome there. By saying it worked I mean that I felt excited to be healthier and concentrate on big X's on calendar for days I did not drink, it just put a more positive swing on things.

Will report back later on today's exercise.

TMH
    am in mate thinking of going back the gym tomorow now that i am 10 days af, will keep an eye on this post.:goodjob:

Comment

Count me in TMH. My goal is to work out 2xday and am back to counting my calories. I really need to lose 10lbs. and start eating healthier. I would also like to have more AF days. Lets do this! I know we can. :yougo:
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Oops, missed this. Way to go dags! 10 days AF!:goodjob:

Comment

Welcome dags and MM! So glad you want to join me. It is quite chilly & windy here so went to Fitness Center across the street and walked on TM. Only did 2 miles, wanted to do more but other people in there and someone turned the overhead fans on full blast; I'm not happy when I get chilled. Came back home and did last 45 min of Shape it Up, a Debbie Siebers exercise DVD. Had some aerobics which burned some more calories and then mostly floorwork (which I like and need). At least I got some moving in before getting on 6:00p flite.

Congrats dags on your 10 days AF! Most excellent.
          MM - with the travel and funeral on Friday I'm not going to get as much in this week but hope to join you in that 2X/day workouts come next week. Yes, we can do this!

TMH

Comment

My goal is to go to the gym 6 days a week. it doesn't have to always be work out time, it can be family.
            And I have been doing that already, for over a month now.
            I am also keeping very good track of calories. I am LOSING weight. (modding is also great for that!)
            I am already feeling much better about myself, especially in jeans!

Comment

TMH,
              Just do the best you can and don't put too much pressure on yourself this week. You have a tough week ahead of you and you can really get started when you get back home and are back on schedule. Take care.
              Way to go Lila on losing weight. I work out like crazy but can't seem to lose. Maybe it's my age. Dunno. But I know I graze at night. Especially if I have some wine on the weekends I really get the munchies. So, for me, modding isn't good for my waist line. When I don't have wine, I still need something sweet and then something salty in the evening. I know I just have to get used to not having any of that and then it becomes a good habit. Sigh. I just joined a free calorie counter on line and I know that will help. I belonged awhile ago but quit and it was really working. Why did I do that? I do so well when I count the calories. I have to lose my complacency. I hope I can do it on this thread and with all of your support.

Comment

Yest went to FC, got on ET, lasted 10 min, went to use TM, they have 2, 1 was being used, other one broken, thought God is sending you a message here. Stop. So I did. This a.m. I ran/walked 3 miles, 120 situps.

Jan - AF 1
                TMH

Comment

Hi All,
                  Went to gym in the a.m. Did 45 min on the elliptical, then planks and situps. Didn't feel strong today. Spoke to a trainer and she thinks I am not getting enough calories for the activity I am doing. I was trying for under 1500 but have bumped it up to 1800 in hopes that I will feel better. Getting ready to go back to the gym tonight and will do 30 min on the elliptical then some easy situps. Lost 1 lb already in hopes that I can lose 6.5 by Feb.8. I am also thinking of going AF for 30 days to help with the weight loss. I read somewhere that in order to lose weight, you should not have alcohol for 30 days. I think I really want to lose weight more than I want to drink. If I don't lose it now, at 50, it will only get harder. We'll see if I can do it.

Comment

Hello ~ traveling, funeral all day yest so no w/o. Today I ran/walked 4 miles, biked for 20 min. 120 situps. Feel good.
                    MM - Isn't the ET hard! For some reason I cannot even do it if I don't remember to take my inhaler. Great machine! I wear a BodyMedia Fit band. Days I do input food puts me at under 1000 cal/day a lot. This past couple days I've been trying to eat more and with that and not drinking I feel slimmer already. You're not even 50? Geez LOL

Jan AF 2
                    TMH

Comment

TMH, isn't that a bit low? under 1000 calories? I was on the rowing machine for 45 minutes yesterday. Today maybe I will swim. I might sign up for a class as well. I would like to get going with weights as well.

Comment

I am using this program called My Fitness Tracker, keeps track of everything!

Comment

TMH, No, I am 50. Sorry if that was confusing. I meant to say, that if I don't start now at 50, then it will get harder. I have to agree with lila. Under 1000 cal. is too low. A woman should not go below 1200 and with all of your exercising, you can go higher than that. Always take into account your exercise program. If you take in too little calories, your body will plateau and then you won't lose. You will also start burning muscle and you don't want to do that. I am taking in around 1500 and am gradually losing. Slow and steady is the best way.
                          The elliptical is tough but a great workout. Plus I can incline it and it is great for the butt.

Doing great lila. Boy, lila and TMH, aren't we just the workout busy little bees. Feels good, huh? Unfortunately tonight I am having my son's future in-laws over for dinner and I made enchiladas and dip and a bunch of other terrible foods. I will definitely kill my diet tonight. :upset:

Where did dags go?

Comment

Hey, guys, yes 1000 cal is too low. It always surprises me. It's not that I am trying to be at that level, it's just when I run out of time it is often eating that goes by the wayside. Sounds silly, I know. Or I'll think I'm hungry, look at clock and it's 4p and I don't want to eat because it will spoil my dinner. Also, I usually w/o before I eat and because I spend too much time on here that's not til 11:00a or later. You would be proud of me today. Had appetizer for dinner, drank NA beer, on way home got a DQ Buster Bar.

Lila - wow! 45 min rowing is a lot!
                            MM - yes, the butt aspect is why I want to build up time on the ET. Sure makes those pants fit better!

Jan AF 3
                            TMH

Comment

thanks, TMH. I am looking better. I just read that if you go too low your metabolism really shuts down. I have been keeping track, and I am trying to stay a little under 1700. I am surprised how I don't really need all that much food, I don't really miss it. Maybe from having kids (years ago now!) I got in the habit of stuffing myself. For me, keeping track and being aware has been very helpful.
                              MM, one night won't hurt anything! I think it is the new habit. I am going to the gym tonight. I missed a few days and I can feel it in my mood.

Comment

Working...
                              X