doing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doing well

a couple people asked me to check in...doing fine. working again now so won't be drinking...never a prob when working...too busy. thinking i may find a second job for off times. i know many of you say don't work all the time but it really keeps me off the bottle. when i was younger i would have like three jobs and be going to school and no drinking problem...because no BOREDOM!!!

hubby has agreed that we may need to stop drinking but when i suggested a couple months he was like...eehhhh, i don't know...so we will see if he really wants to do it.

to be perfectly honest though...i question quitting though because i really do enjoy just going out for a few drinks with him!!! we have so much fun together drunk or not though.

anyway...no congrats neccessary because this is not the time i ever have drinking issues...just letting you know i'm ok.

thanks all for everything.
    dove

doing well

thanks for checking in Dove, that is great. Hope everything works out, you know where we are if you need us.:l
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

doing well

Hey Dove

So good to hear from you! Glad to hear you're OK.

Comment

doing well

Dove,
        Thanks for checking in and I am glad you are OK. I do agree that work can be a good distraction.
        However, I am concerned about your husband's seeming indifference to your issues. I say this not to criticize you or him, but because my own situation is similar. I have told my husband my own concerns about myself, and he drinks too, but has no plans to make any changes. I have to do this for me and you have to do this for you. And hope the hubbies are on board but if they aren't then oh well. Don't use "we like to go out and have a few drinks" as an excuse, cause believe me I enjoy that too, but we all know that we end up shit faced, whether out or home in front of computer, TV, whatever. Hungover the next morning.
        I have used these excuses forever and am really just fucking tired of it. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. But it's time to stop excuses, stop getting drunk and start getting well.

xoxo CS

Comment

doing well

Hey CS- and Dove

I agree but was hesitant to say----a "few drinks" does not get you carried out of a bar.

When my husband and I went out he had a "few drinks" and I had 10 or so. Don't kid yourself
          Dove.

I think you'll get it; I just hate to see you go through a lot more shit to get there.

Comment

doing well

Dove,
            Great to hear you are doing well!

But I have to comment on your statement, "i really do enjoy just going out for a few drinks ". If you were able to go out for a few drinks and enjoy it would you be posting in a forum for alcoholics talking about how you embarrassed yourself and how your husband was mad because you had to be carried out of a bar after being a member on this forum for 6 years? It's obvious your drinking causes you problems, and it's almost funny to see how in the mind of a problem drinker we still will lie to ourselves for fear of losing the one true thing we believe we love...alcohol. I can laugh because I was there for many years, swearing never to drink again one day only to pretend that I can control my problem the next time. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I think they call that insanity. Not trying to rain on your parade, but hopefully you will eventually open your eyes.

Comment

doing well

Dove, have to say that I agree with Supercrew and Ann - I was there for a long time, so I totally get it.

Comment

doing well

Unwasted;1238327 wrote: Dove, have to say that I agree with Supercrew and Ann - I was there for a long time, so I totally get it.
                I also agree. You could go out and have a few sodas. I would love to go out for a few drinks now and then, but I know that eventually I will end up wasted so I don't even play with it. You need to quit for you and not for him.

I am glad to see that your doing ok. Consecrate on doing 30 days af first and then see if modding is for you or not.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X