Where I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I am

so i know not eveyrbody wants to know, but hell there's enough people here who know me to make it worth letting ya'll know. so where am I? well, these past few weeks I've been doing alot of thinking, getting to know myself all over again (bit of an odd time to do it, but why not?). Reading alot, playing alot of music, doing alot of art. I'm giving up the internet for the most part to give my time to those things, figured you should all know though I'm in a good place - really good. I'm happy, healthy, hopeful. I won't bore anybody with the lengthy details, but I have alot going on, alot of life to live, improving all the time with so much to do, so much I care about.

I'm not going to lie for a second - this doesn't mean I'm sober - I'm far from it (for those who are itnerested though, haven't been a smoker for over a month now) but the big change is I know I can -live-. I will get there in my own time, and when i do I know I have people who love me who can help me - and maybe i love myself just a little bit now too, enough to start working towards a better life, and enough to forgive alot of people in my life, even those who didn't make any attempt to be forgiven - a few people here should know what that means to me.

anyway, I hope you, my friends here, are all doing well, I'll pop in now and again, check on my friends, maybe let you know how I'm doing, post a video or two someday. N to finish on a quote I figure ya'll might like

'I know I was born, and I know I will die, the inbetween is mine' - Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam, song is I am Mine if you want a little anthem in your lives xD)

xIC
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Where I am

Hello Inchy! You sound great. Don't be a stranger though-always good to hear from you. :l
    And I do like the quote.

Comment

Where I am

Nice to see you posting Inchy, you do sound in a better place I agree. Its good that you are looking inwardly and learning to love yourself even a little bit, whats not to love? None of us are perfect and we have all done things we are ashamed of, it comes with the territory but the important thing is we allow ourselves forgiveness and move on. You deserve that and are so worth it even though you may not feel it sometimes. Do keep posting and never give up trying, you are only young and have the whole of what can be a fantastic life ahead of you. Don't piss it down the drain with AL and constant regrets.
      Keep safe
      KTAB
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Where I am

Thanks for posting. I agree with the your young and you don't want to waste it with AL. I am 25 and I have been sober 7 months now. I may be young, but I see AL for what it truly is and I am not going to be a part of it anymore. Keep up with the positive attitude and you can do whatever you set out to do.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X