going to be hard not to drink this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

due to work schedule...or lack thereof...i am going to have a very hard time not drinking this next week starting tomorrow. hubby has decided to go al free with me for at least a month but i know i am going to give in this week. he worked really hard this week and didn't drink so i should pay him back but i just know i am going to fail.
    dove

With that mindset you will fail, you need to change it. You can and will do this. Keep coming here, reading and posting, and do whatever you need to do to remain sober. Great to hear that your husband is going for a month af. If he can do it, so can you. But you need to improve your mindset asap. YOU CAN DO IT!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

dove;1241260 wrote: but i just know i am going to fail.
      dove
      Dear Dove,

Please list---1,2,3,4--- why you think you're destined for failure. Do it soon, okay? Maybe we can help, and maybe you won't fail. Ta da!
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1241264 wrote: With that mindset you will fail, you need to change it. You can and will do this. Keep coming here, reading and posting, and do whatever you need to do to remain sober. Great to hear that your husband is going for a month af. If he can do it, so can you. But you need to improve your mindset asap. YOU CAN DO IT!
        I completely agree with Drifty Dove. You are giving yourself permission to drink here. Stop and listen to yourself and think about why you are here in the first place. Start making some plans for your time.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I feel/felt the same way last night going into this morning. It might sound odd but after reading your post I feel better. I don't know how long you've gone but just focus on your hard work and how good you felt afterward. If those thoughts start to sneak in just yell (out loud) no!. and keep doing what your doing. I felt like a tool yelling (no) out loud but it really helped me focus. I'm working on day 5 today looking forward to day 10.

Comment

dove;1241260 wrote: he worked really hard this week and didn't drink so i should pay him back
            dove
            Dove one of your concerns earlier was that you husband did not support you, now he is and you have to support yourself. It's time to put the big girl pants on.
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

DOVE..... YOU WILL NOT FAIL.
              ok, so you dont have much work this week. well why not take that time to relax, pamper yourself, be lazy.... or take exercise... just do anything other than drink.
              if your hubby is doing this with you, take the chance to embrace sobriety..... its a real biggy to have that support.... please dont waste this chance of showing him you can do it together
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1241264 wrote: With that mindset you will fail, you need to change it. You can and will do this. Keep coming here, reading and posting, and do whatever you need to do to remain sober. Great to hear that your husband is going for a month af. If he can do it, so can you. But you need to improve your mindset asap. YOU CAN DO IT!
                Id say Drifty hit this one out of the park................our minds are incredibly powerful in any manner in which we choose to use them.

Try to turn all that negative energy into some other form, OR distract your AL brain when the urge hits. Do underwater basket weaving if need be. There is an unlimited amount of activities out there that can benefit you in ways AL never will.

Reprogram your thoughts into good thoughts.....it will still be a fight/struggle especially in the beginning, but it will get easier.....that I can PROMISE you.

The sooner you start "starving" that AL brain, the sooner your AF brain will stand up and kick the livin shyt out of your AL brain....................Down goes AL brain....Down goes AL brain...............lol
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

dove,
                  Drop the negative thinking or you will fail!

What is your plan to succeed?
                  Write it out.
                  Give yourself a fighting chance!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Dove,
                    It is indeed a biggie to have your husband's support to go AF with you. Believe me, because my hubby will not go AF with me and that continues to be a big stumbling block for me. Really, take the time to be good to yourself. Perhaps make a list titled "How I Will Not Fail" and put down activities that you can do instead of drinking.
                    Good luck and keep coming back here.

Comment

Hiya Dove, i HOPE you do manage to go AF as hopefully it will increase your confidence in yourself to achieve a life without A.
                      My partner has also agreed not to drink while im around, for a short time anyway and greeted me tonight with fruitjuice, lol.
                      Wishing you all the best
                      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I just have no faith in myself...know at some point I will get bored and find a reason to talk hubby into a few beers at the bar (which, if you follow my story, USUALLY is not the problem...except for new years night and agian, if you follow my story, i still don't know why we went out that night because that is not what we do anymore). the problem comes when we get home and he goes to bed and i drink a bottle of wine, or more, on top of the few beers...

not negative thinking just know myself....

the only plan would include not going to the bar or out to eat and not having alcohol in the house after that if we did end up there. additions to the plan would include finding work to do till past 6 pm or so because drinking usually starts between 3 and 6 and otherwise i'm fine lying on the couch the rest of the night quietly if i am sober past 6. can't exercise right now because have contracted a bad case of possible walking pneumonia. really wish i could exercise...:sulk:

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me, except for deciding what you can do between 3 and 6, taking into account that you're sick. Start a book you can't put down? Watch a movie?
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Just because your sick doesn't mean that you shouldn't plan anything. Do stuff that you can do.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

have contracted a bad case of possible walking pneumonia.

So you can't workout but you can drink? As far as you saying it's not negative thinking, you just know yourself. Well change what you know about yourself. Obviously if you want to drink you are going to drink, but basically planning it because you know yourself just means you weren't dedicated to really quit drinking to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times that I went back and lied to myself after saying I was going to quit, but I normally didn't post it in a forum. If you don't feel you can trust yourself to not drink and you came here for support and you used the tools provided by this website, and you made a real effort to get over this hump two things would happen. One you would not drink, and you would know that next time you were in this situation you could succeed at staying sober again. If you don't use what is available here and make an effort to not drink I question why you come to a forum looking for support at all.

Everytime I see someone fail and go out and drink again especially without trying it makes me sad. I have faith in you that you can be happily sober if you really want to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X