1st stage of liver disese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, hope your all doing well? Just been informed by my GP that i'm in the 1st stages of Liver Disease, as to be expected was shocked but not surprised after what i've put away just recently, but you know what really got to me was the way my GP informed me, he rang my mobile told me your're in the 1st stages of Liver Disease i'll leave you a script at the front desk thats all i got to say!!! (his words) I have spoke to him before re my al problem but i just think it was unproffessional the way it was done :upset: I finally got my appt to see counsellor 5 months after being ref'd but i just feel so alone and don't know which way to go just hope the counsellor can help me out.

Thanks for listening just had to get it out or else i think i would go mad :upset:

Oh dear that was insenistive of ur dr he cud hav at least made an appointment for you to talk in the office and give you more advice on diet and supplements that might help. Last time i go bloods done my liver was ok but for the first time ever i got high choesterol so i'm lipokar tabs one a night to reduce it. The live can repair itself over time so i hope it doesn't give you 2 much trouble. Good luck wit the counciler.:l

Comment

Mariec, I too think that's damn unprofessional. I don't care what he has told you in the past, that is no way to break the news. I'm sorry you had to hear that way. Well, I guess it is a wake up call and it's time to weigh what you will do next. What are your next plans?

Comment

Wow Marie-what a creep doctor. Especially if he knew of your history and concerns. What are the meds? First thing I would do is find a new doctor.

You definitely need more detail. I would be furious! Hang in there and try to find out exactly what the hell he's talking about. Meds are for what exactly?

The liver has amazing regenerative abilities if alcohol is out of the picture.

PLease let us know what's up.

Comment

Marie,

Sorry your doc was such an insensitive ass.
          Some are like that, they have no personalities!

I'm not sure of your situation - are you still drinking or have you quit?
          Quitting now & consuming a healthy diet & supplements can have you back in good shape in just a few months. Have you looked into taking Milk Thistle? Look at it in the Health store here.

I hope you can work out a good plan with your counselor. It's helps to have someone calm & caring on your side

Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sorry to hear Marie that you have such an ass of a doctor. Definitely get yourself a new one.

I went to counselling a cple of years ago and luckily i had a lovely caring counsellor. So fingers crossed for you there, but dont put up with the crap you are worth more than that damned doctor.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Marie - how strange about your doctor. Was he pissed because he had urged you to stop drinking before? Not that it would excuse his rude and insensitive behavior, but I'm just wondering where his comment was coming from..........

Hope you can make a plan to stop drinking right away so your liver can begin to heal.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

So sorry - some Dr's are like that, no bedside manner> This is serious thou, and I recommend you can get a Dr that you can communicate with as you will have to make some good plans. As Lav says, start on Milk Thistle, there is a liver support supplement (tablet) that has Milk Thistle in - and drink lots of lemon water. Maybe the counsellor can recommend a good Dr to get you back to health - there are lots of good MD's out there, you do not have to put up with bad ones.
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SS to hear that Marie. I would talk to the Dr. about you feeling that what he did wasn't right. Perhaps they need to be reminded about their bedside manner. If that doesn't work, then go to a new doctor. No one should have to go through that. Hang in there. If you don't drink anymore it will help your liver.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

so sorry Marie.....please take care of yourself. Maybe this is what you needed to hear, huh???
                    Strength and good help to you sweetie
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Marie, It sounds like you and your Dr. have discussed the possibility of you having liver disease and that tests were run. When the results came in your Dr. did call you and had to leave you a message. He told you how to pick up your meds. My question is this, what else do you think he should have done? If you have additional questions and concerns, I am certain that you could make another appt.to get your questions answered.

It is not uncommon for those of us with addictions are overly sensitive and all too often also passive aggresive. We can tend to blame others for the way that we feel and think, when the issues do not truly lie with them, but within ourselves.

I hope that you are able to get on the road to recovery and that the counselor is able to help you!

Best Wishes,
                      Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi All, Thanks for all the messages of support, help and advice i've taken things on board and have started to make a plan yes i think its been a wake up call a very big one love to you all
                        Mariec x

Comment

doctor

I think there are some doctors out there like that. It's like trying to shame you into changing. I told you so... or they are frustrated with you for not following their advice. If that's the case here, get a new no-tough-love doc.

Comment

Marie, so sorry about the whole situation. I would definitely make another appointment with your doctor or a new one. Also as mentioned above there are loads of herbs you can take. I personally like to drink ginger tea everyday which has loads of benefits including fighting off al cravings and helping your liver stay healthy. I hope that you plan to quit drinking. Make yourself a plan and start posting in the newbies nest! It would be great to hear from you!
                            "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                            Goal 1- 3 days al free
                            Goal 2- 7 days al free
                            Goal 3- 1 month al free
                            Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Thanks again all you lovely people i take on board everything that is said and hopefully next time i post i can say the plan has begun love you all xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X