Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th January

Good morning, Army

The cubs are back to school today. I said goodbye to two very bleary-eyed faces when I left for work :H:H:H

The eldest cub was heartbroken when he had to shave off his "moustache" but then happily proceeded to allow Mrs. T to wax his supposed unibrow...

Have a happy Wednesday, folksies!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 11th January

Good morning Tips and everyone else to come
    Yeppers-back to school morning is difficult. At least they only have three days and then get the weekend.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Good morning tips, expatty and all to come!

Whenever anyone mentions school nowadays, I tend to think back to the distant past and I'm reminded of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2I84-A9duY[/video]]

Off to Sainsbury's. Bacinabit.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Good morning Recluse,Expat and tips.
        Quick fly by Hope you are all ok
        Off to sort 2 grandchildren then off for a relaxing break.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Tip - when you check in ....... Rags has a query for you on the undies thread :H:H I've aways wanted to know the answer too!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Far out - where are my manners???!!!!!

Good morning to all the Army! Hope your January is going well!
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

gracyahud;1242540 wrote: Good afternoon, Army

For a country of 160-Million people, there is no need for our military to be importing even the military camouflage uniforms which our soldiers wear. This is quite embarrassing to read in our daily newspapers. These items can be produced in our local ...
              gracyahud - here's a recipe you might enjoy...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f83/spam-53223.html
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Pox off Spamhead.

Crap sleep, Rob foghorned all night, not a good start.

My little Ava has to get glasses

Mario, I hope you are feeling better today, that illness seems to be going on and on, you must be so tired of it.
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Hiya Troopers.

MissyB - good to see you.

Tips - hope your kids soon get used to waking up early. Not a good way to start your day by having to drag them out of bed. Does this mean you'll be helping with the homework and assignments again?

Oney - sorry to hear Ava has to get glasses but she'll get used to them soon and they have such cool frames in different shapes and colours anymore.

Mario - if you're about - I hope you're feeling better, too. :l

Hope you all have as pleasant a day as possible, with no embuggerances.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Thanks Stirls, turns out her eyesight is really bad and could be the reason she has fallen behind in school.
                    She is very excited about it, it's me thats upset (stupidly)

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

one2many;1242552 wrote: Thanks Stirls, turns out her eyesight is really bad and could be the reason she has fallen behind in school.
                      She is very excited about it, it's me thats upset (stupidly)
                      Try not to be upset - it's really a minor thing and since it could well be the reason she's behind in school, good that they found out now so she can catch up with the other kids. I remember always wanting to wear glasses because I thought it was cool to wear them. :H I finally had to get them for astigmatism when I was in my late teens. Wear them now for reading and for distance. Getting on in age will do that.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

I had noticed a slight turn in her eye the past few days so I brought her to the optician yesterday, she said the eye was straining so hard to see that it was beginning to turn in, she was not able to read many of the letters on the chart but when she fitted her with lenses, it was as if a light went on and she could rattle them all off.
                        She got fitted for 2 gorgeous little pairs of glasses in purple and pink.

I should stop being upset, if that is the only thing wrong with my child, I am indeed very very lucky.

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

one2many;1242554 wrote: I had noticed a slight turn in her eye the past few days so I brought her to the optician yesterday, she said the eye was straining so hard to see that it was beginning to turn in, she was not able to read many of the letters on the chart but when she fitted her with lenses, it was as if a light went on and she could rattle them all off.
                          She got fitted for 2 gorgeous little pairs of glasses in purple and pink.

I should stop being upset, if that is the only thing wrong with my child, I am indeed very very lucky.
                          Good thing you got her to the optician as soon as you did. And count your prayers hun. It's like you say, if that's the only thing wrong, and it is, then you are lucky. Glass half full and all.

Trying to be as positive as I can myself. It's not easy but letting things get us down only makes it worse. Mr. Stirly will be admitted to hospital tomorrow morning for colon cancer surgery. We only found out last Wednesday so things moved along very quickly. Surgery not scheduled yet but I imagine it will be the beginning of next week. Luckily (and I stress that ) he won't have to have a colostomy done. ?nd luckily younger son can come help us out with the family business since he worked here for 3 years before going to another company. And thankfully older son works out of his home so he can come to our place and help look after his Dad post-surgery whenever I have to be at the store. Concentrating on those few positive things is helping me cope although I'm still trying to get my mind around this whole situation. We didn't see it coming and it still hasn't really sunk in yet.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Thanks so much for sharing Stirls, I will light a candle for Mr Stirls in the morning, I am so sorry to hear this news and I can imagine it has knocked you all for six, you are indeed right tho, positive thinking and optimism can really help. My thoughts and prayers are with you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Big hugs and lots of thoughts to stirly and family
                              And to oney and little Ava
                              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                              X