Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furious Friday

Ladies and gentlemen,
    may I suggest a Friday thread (a week in review, if you will) where the floor shall be open to bitching of all kinds and while cursing is not required, extra points may be awarded for creativity.

Alrighty then. Let me begin:

1. HOW much time out of ones busy day does it take to return a shopping cart to the cart depot or store entrance? I HATE shopping carts left in the parking lot, ready to roll into parked cars, etc. It is inconsiderate and LAZY!

2. My ongoing barn building project: I designed and ordered (with photos, drawings, dimensions, etc.) custom frames for my horse stalls. 3 fronts and 2 partitions. To the tune of $6000. Let's see then: The doors are on the wrong side of the stalls. The partitions are curved on ONE end, not both. The door design doesn't line up with the stall front design. At least one of the doors will have to be sent back (lumber removed, etc.) because it doesn't CLOSE (never mind latch) due to the latch not having been welded straight. I AM PISSSED!!!!!! Oh, am I ever.

Thankfully, I'm soberly pissed. That is all. For now (the day ain't over yet).
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Furious Friday

Why I am always the one to say I'm sorry when sometimes its not even my fault. Why do I always want to make people feel better when they are the ones causing the hurt? How can people be so mean? How can you put your heart out there only to get it stomped on over and over again? Am I the only one who is constantly thinking how can I make everything better? Why am I the only one who ever admits I am not perfect?

So far this year has been CRAPPY as you can probably tell. I have not had any drinks to deal with any of this though. I am determined to make it thru life AL free (good or bad, happy or sad).

Happy Crappy Friday (and I see it is Friday the 13th also)!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Furious Friday

why does my 6 yr old get worse and worse as the week goes on so that by Friday I am ready to throw her out.......
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Furious Friday

Okay, I know my hubby got a split shift-is it MY FAULT. Why do I have to listen to him b*tch? And does that give him an excuse to bring home a 12 pack and b*tch and moan like he will tonite while I remain AF?

I will remain sober and be sympathetic but can I make a voodoo doll before he gets home and put just a few pins in it........?

Comment

Furious Friday

My Dad turns 80 and the drive to see him on his special day is usually a five hour one. We had to cancel as we plowed, shoveled and snow-blowed and then had to start all over again. It's driving snow, folks... and I don't mean the kind that's good to drive in.

We will try to leave Saturday morning. Who knows how many birthday's the guy has left.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Furious Friday

Why did my daughter say "well, Mum I know you sent me an e-card for my birthday but I get so many e-mails that I probably won't be able to get to it until I get back from New Orlean's next week." And I didn't say a word. Just told her to have a good time and to call me when she gets back to tell me all about it. And this was the little 9 pound madam it took 18 hours to pop into the world!!

What did Shakespeare say in King Lear? "No sharper tooth than an ungrateful child" And I'm still sober....
            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Furious Friday

Daughters tend to hurt us by twisting the little knife as they turn it oh so slightly. Not enough to have at them but enough for us to hang up the phone or whatever and feel a pang of emptiness. They seem to need to negate us in order to grow away from us. Mine is 24 and she still doesn't have much time for me unless she needs something. I have just learned to enjoy the good and ignore the bad. Don't need to expend any energy licking my wounds.

I feel for you MWO Lady. Hear ya loud and clear.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Furious Friday

red67;1243993 wrote: Why I am always the one to say I'm sorry when sometimes its not even my fault. Why do I always want to make people feel better when they are the ones causing the hurt? How can people be so mean? How can you put your heart out there only to get it stomped on over and over again? Am I the only one who is constantly thinking how can I make everything better? Why am I the only one who ever admits I am not perfect?

So far this year has been CRAPPY as you can probably tell. I have not had any drinks to deal with any of this though. I am determined to make it thru life AL free (good or bad, happy or sad).

Happy Crappy Friday (and I see it is Friday the 13th also)!
                Your post made me cry Red. I could have written that so easily. But we are sober and we will learn to let that be their stuff and treat ourselves well! xo
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Furious Friday

MWOLady;1244031 wrote: What did Shakespeare say in King Lear? "No sharper tooth than an ungrateful child" And I'm still sober....
                  OOO can relate to that too.

I'm actually having a good day. Decent sales and happy I was able to "stick it" to the sign guy who was really rude and wanted to charge me $35 for a 15 minute simpleton job. I found someone else who only wanted $15 but I gave him $20.
                  Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Furious Friday

Oh sunshine I had to laugh. It's so great to get to an emotionally stable point where anger has it's place, and we can recognize it and laugh about it. Rather than having weird emotional nonsense including irrational anger while drinking.
                    I go crazy at stop lights if the light turns green and people SIT THERE. Move on people! Trying not to be in such a hurry

Comment

Furious Friday

Snow, rain, salt, slush, snow, grey skies, dripping nose, snow, frozen feet, dry hands, snow...
                      Did I mention that I live in Canada?
                      Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Furious Friday

Is it wrong to think "Thank God, I'm not the only one having a crappy day/week?" :H

You ladies with children issues - yep, been there, have a closet full of t-shirts.
                        Red, go stomp your feet, jump up and down, throw the 'f'-word about a couple times.. you sound way too nice :l
                        Ann... oh yeah.. the green light doddlers "It doesn't get any greener than this, people!" (Isn't that why God gave us horns to honk?)

Sigh.
                        Btw, I had left out the missing hardware to HANG the doors (that won't close). I sincerely hope that this company won't call on me as a reference.

Comment

Furious Friday

This thread is a great idea for people to vent, will beusing it next Friday
                          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Furious Friday

Are we going to have this for Monday? They can be equally pissing off.
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Furious Friday

:H
                              You're right... it might get cumbersome to have to save up all the venting 'til Friday. I'll say we forget about the day of the week and just vent on the fly! :H

Comment

Working...
                              X