Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i drink on a dose of about 62grams of antabuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been on antabuse for about a week or so now and was wondering if I would be able to drink on a quarter dose of a 250mg pill. Which is about 62 grams or so. I plan on tapering up to the half of pill (125mg) next week which i know I cannot drink on so I was just wondering if I could have one more drinking night before I start on a more active dose of the drug.

Don't risk it. I took a few years ago and thought I could sneak some in. Halfway through the first drink my face, hands and throat felt swollen. Almost like I couldnt breath. I didn't get to the vomit stage but the swelling feeling was enough to scare me straight. Stick with it you'll be glad you did.

Comment

What dose were you taking? You don't think it would be ok on a mere 65 mg of the pill? I only started this week.

Comment

Why take antabuse if you want to continue drinking? Sort of defeats the purpose..no?

Comment

Thank you Crew-my question exactly. ??? Makes no sense

Comment

I suggest you have a long hard look at this, dirty birdy. Can you honestly think any one of us here would say it was safe to drink while taking even the smallest dose of antabuse.

If you drink while taking antabuse, you can experience these symptoms:

Flushing
            Nausea
            Copious Vomiting
            Sweating
            Thirst
            Throbbing in the Head and Neck
            Throbbing Headache
            Respiratory Difficulty
            Chest Pain
            Palpitations
            Dyspnea
            Hyperventilation
            Tachycardia
            Hypotension
            Syncope
            Marked Uneasiness
            Weakness
            Vertigo
            Blurred Vision
            Confusion

Those are the "mild" symptoms. Severe reactions can include respiratory depression, cardiovascular collapse, myocardial infarction, acute congestive heart failure, unconsciousness, arrhythmias, convulsions, and death.

Who Can Use Antabuse?
            Only someone who wants to try to quit drinking and who is fully aware of the consequences of drinking while on the medication should take antabuse. Antabuse should never be given to some without their full knowledge or to anyone who is intoxicated.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Antabuse is no longer available in Canada because so many people ended up in Emergency at the Hospitals. Out health Care people took it off the market. (May answer the question)
              Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Like Super says, what is the point if you want to keep drinking?

Comment

My thoughts exactly...

Antabuse works very well when and if you take it AND are committed to abstain.
                  If you're not, I suggest you look at other meds.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

If you are taking ant-buse why are you worrying and thinking of drinking while taking it? Are some people for real on this forumn with the silly questions i wonder?

Comment

With you there firefox... like the women who say I'm pregnant and drinking shitloads of alcohol, will it affect my baby, and want sympathetic responses saying sure it's fine..

Comment

Antabuse and alcohol can kill you.
                        They are completely contraindicated.
                        I do hope you don't drink.
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

You shouldn't even be thinking about drinking on this drug. If you want to drink, get off it, but I recommend not doing it. It will get better.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

DirtyBirdy: Stay strong and avoid that last drinking session because as J.C pointed out the risks are too much just for one night of drinking, keep with the plan, be better 4 u
                            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Yeah its just you AL side trying to get you to drink. Don't do it!
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X