Residual liver pain after 66 days AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, Please forgive me for not doing a proper introduction this is like the first time ive had to navigate my way around one of these sites. Im a 34 y/o male and have drank moderately heavy for aprox 10 years. Within the last year or so I started getting flank pain and internal pain which for a long time I attributed it to being a bad back. I greatly reduced the amount of alcohol I drank for a good long time but after I did drink I got the pain back then I realised it was in the vicinity of my liver,(upper right just under ribcage). I imediately gave up the drink its been 66 days and sometimes I get pain in that area very mild but it bothers me. Should this pain still be here or does it take months or years to go away completely?. I haven't suffered from jaundace or anything, I was very tired all the time and occasionally felt alittle nausea in the mornings. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Pete.

Pete, welcome, and congrats on your sobriety! As far as your question, the only person who could give you an acurate answer is your doctor. Go see the doctor.

Comment

Hey Pete

Like Crew said-see a doctor. And great for you quitting drinking!
      Bloodwork can show what's up with your liver. Jaundice would be a bed sign for sure, but a bit extreme. ou could still have liver issues.
      Good luck to you and staying sober is the way to ensure you don't contribute to any ill health

Comment

Hi Pete,

Welcome to MWO & your 66 AF days :goodjob:

Please remember that your gall bladder is also located in the the same area. Your occasional twinges could be due to something your ate. In my case high fat foods & spicey foods cause me discomfort.
        It's always safest to have your blood work checked then you'll know for sure & not worry unecessarily.

Congrats again keep up the great work!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks so much guys for your help. I will definately get a blood test done ive been meaning too for a while i guess I just thought that abstinence would just make it go away. Thanks again, Pete.

Comment

Working...
          X