EGG ON MY FACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGG ON MY FACE

After 2 plus years of complete sobriety, I have fallen off the wagon...think maybe drug behind it is more like it. For me, religion played a huge part in my sobriety. Well, wouldnt you know I met a single Mom (like myself) at church and we become friends and did some things together, but she is a HUGE drinker (not placing blame). I had been sober over 2 years, so my lil pea brain decided a glass or two of wine would be ok. OK..no not OK. I can not moderate. I was able to have 1-2 glasses on a few occassions, but everyone else kept having 10 and soon I was back up to blackouts. I am not a social drinker. Drinking makes me extremely depressed so I started drinking at home again, which I swore I would never do. So yesterday, I spent the entire day drunk and in bed. Right back where I was over 2 years ago. I have been depressed recently over health issues and drinking only makes them worse and I was dating someone and that is a nightmare all in its self. I am here because this is the one place I can come and know people understand. 2 years and I squashed it. Everywhere I go there is alcohol. I mean work functions, etc... This fight is endless.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

EGG ON MY FACE

Oh Brit - my heart goes out to you for how you are feeling. BUT, only you know the way back up is to quit again - right? I have recently quit - and KNOW that I cannot just have even one - I did that a year and a half ago, thinking I could just have the one. I had to change my mindset - so when I see others drinking, it has no effect on me. It is something that you will always come into contact with - maybe you could have some antabuse at the ready so if you get that urge to just have the one, you could take some - and stop it before it starts? I am so sorry that you are back at the beginning again - been there, done that. Sending you hugs and strength - you know you can do it and you have the support of everyone here. keep posting.

Sun X
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Oh Britzak......my heart is going out to you...dating makes it so hard I imagine
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Hey Brit,

I have recently done the same. The good news for me is, i want my sober life back, and am taking daily action to do that. Don't stress. You can take your life back. The longer you leave sobriety in this case though, the harder it will be to get back on the horse, as you know.

What are you going to do next?

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

I am sorry Luv. I cant just have a couple either. That is a good idea Sun has. I keep antabuse around just in case. I have found it is a good tool. Come join us on the journey thread if you want....

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Hi Brit,

Just to say I know its not going to be easy but the sooner you beat
            the beast back the better, I have fallen off more times than I can count
            but with each spell I drank worse than ever so please try and try to
            make this just a wee little blip for you.

Luv Flossie x
            Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Just think, in one year, wouldn't it be nice to have your signature read

"Three years A/F with a little blip in there somewhere"

So what, you had a blip... it was your way of reaffirming that you can't moderate. So what, get that sobriety back and never dismiss the last two years. You deserve to be congratulated and respected for what you are in the midst of accomplishing. Keep at it and just look at these past few weeks or months as a small "blip" in your sobriety time.

Routing for ya !!
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Reread the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and set up a plan again. Learn from your mistakes and make sure you don't repeat them. If you did it for 2 years once, you can do it again. Hang in there and stay here!

Just just teaches everyone that we should never get complaisant with our quit even after 2 years.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

I am back on the wagon. I do not miss hangovers and feeling bad. I dont like forgetting what was said or done the night before either. Thnanks for the words of encouragement, day one of year three sober.

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

So sorry, Brit :l

Like everyone else said... you know what you need to do and how to do it. Nobody can ever take the 2+ years away from you. I think keeping AB around 'just in case' is a good idea... you may want to look at that.

All the best to you.. we're all in your corner.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Britt...I am so proud of you with all your accomplishments...our world is not always easy but I am so glad you decieded early on that this sober life is far more important to you and your family.
                      Picking up the peices and moving forward is the Britt I know and love!!!!!!.........Rusty
                      :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Awwwh, Britt, I've always had the greatest respect for you, love your posts. So sorry you're dealing with this, though we all know one drink is too many for so many. I have the greatest faith you can do this again. Write yourself a letter right now, about how you're feeling, and pull it out anytime you feel the urge to make the same mistake again. :hug: to you, friend.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Thanks ladies!

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

Awww luvie. Well, it's not like we don't know the drill.

I'm sure your post will help other people who are thinking along those lines of maybe just one. The idea that you might be able to handle it can be SO incredibly strong and unfortunately long-lasting once you've tested it and even see that you can't. You just keep at it until whatever corner you turn before you accept all over again that you can't ever drink again.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

EGG ON MY FACE

It is amazing how strong that thought is. I KNOW I can't drink, but I just had to test it. It is like going from 0-60 in a second.

Comment

Working...
                              X