Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th January

Good morning, Army

Wow! You should have seen the view over Table Bay this morning. The sun had just risen, lighting up Robben Island, with the water of the bay as smooth as a mirror. Beautiful stuff.

I'm happy to report that my performance review went very well yesterday. Roll on April and a little bit of extra cash in my pocket!

Have a lovely Tuesday folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 17th January

Gosh, the time zones are really showing - it is interesting saying good morning to tomorrow when it is still Monday evening!! how funny!
    I am looking forward to a good nights sleep and wake up to Tuesday in hopefully 7 hrs or so!
    Enjoy your fabulous day tip!!
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Good morning Army Nighters Scottish!
      Good job on your review Tips!
      Your sunrise sounds lovely. Still dark here but a clear sky and bright moon outside my window .

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Nighters Lassie (that came out funny :H:H:H)

Good morning Expattie

You can notice that the seasons are moving on, Patsy. It's no longer as light when I get up at 5. It was lovely sitting on the patio last night to have dinner, though. It's still light until well after 8.00 p.m.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

It seems as if America is undergoing a Scottish invasion (a teensy weensy one)! We have Scots in Florida and California now.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Good morning early birds and good night, night owl

Well done on your performance review, tips. Hope your bonus is humongous!

On the cold side here, though not as cold as it was 24 hours ago. My legs have finally recovered, so off for my usual walk shortly.

Have a great Tuesday everyone

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

tiptronic_ct;1246350 wrote: It seems as if America is undergoing a Scottish invasion (a teensy weensy one)! We have Scots in Florida and California now.
              Does that tell us something-that they are moving to sunny climes?:H
              I could use some warm sunshine myself.:upset:
              But I just plan dressing like an eskimo today. Comfort before fashion. Though the French ladies never fail to amaze me in their high heels and short skirts-even when it's -3?. Freezing their skinny arses off-but they LOOK good!:H Ah well-I'd go out wrapped in my duvet if I could. Hate being cold.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

xpost-Enjoy your walk Reccy! Bundle up and wear a hat!

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Good morning Wreckloose

Glad to hear your legs have recovered. Are you going to stick to walking or attempt some jogging as well (your body is used to it now)?

Sensible approach there, Expattie. I also sometimes wonder WTF when I see some of the outfits that people wear in the middle of winter.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

expat3;1246355 wrote: xpost-Enjoy your walk Reccy! Bundle up and wear a hat!
                    I'm gonna wear a black snood today, expatty, of the balaclava-style variety. Lovely and warm, but it does tend to make me look as though I'm setting off to do a bank job. :upset:

tiptronic_ct;1246356 wrote:
                    Good morning Wreckloose

Glad to hear your legs have recovered. Are you going to stick to walking or attempt some jogging as well (your body is used to it now)?

Sensible approach there, Expattie. I also sometimes wonder WTF when I see some of the outfits that people wear in the middle of winter.
                    Gonna stick to walking today, Mr T. Don't want to overdo it.

Personally, I don't object to seeing women in high heels and short skirts at ANY time of year.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Morning Tips, Expattie, Reccie and all to come. And a good night to Scottish Lassie.
                      Looking for permission to use your tag on FB Reccie. Do you mind?
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Hiya RC

I only joined FB on Thursday, so don't have the foggiest what that means, but I'm sure it'll be ok!

Speaking of FB, when are you two gonna get round to responding to my "add friend" requests, tips and patty? :upset:

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Morning folks, jeez yesterday was a head wreck here with all the spammers, got me quite angry at one point. There was a new law passed in Ireland in the past weeks which allows one to use reasonable force to protect ones self and family from burglars including the use of firearms if necessary. Those spammers need a little shotgun in the rear end imo. Anyway rant over, pitch dark for a good hour plus here so planning on going for an early swim I think.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Hey Reccie, I mean your signature quote here on MWO. I would like to plug it into my status on FB. Perhaps my children will see it and cause some critical thinking. One can hope.
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Oh, that's fine RC, please go ahead. I don't own the quote!

Morning ktabs....how're you today?

Comment

Working...
                              X