Giving Thanks--Good Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before coffee and sunrise this morning, I felt so soberly good that I opened the door off my east facing kitchen, savored the smell of the cold air and the sight of still bright stars and said ?Thank you? out loud. Every morning is good when I have given myself the gift of sobriety the evening before. Please never let me forget that.

Capto

Amen, Capto, Amen.

I worked overtime yesterday so I came home very tired and fell asleep early. Then I woke up at 3:00 AM, fully alert and unable to go back to sleep. So I just got out of bed and decided to start my day. I realized as I started puttering around the kitchen that there used to be nights when I was still up drinking at 3:00 AM, even when I had to work the next day. I stopped then and there to thank God that I don't have to do that any more. I'll take this funky sleeping schedule any time over being drunk or hung over.

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

I agree Capto and Mike!
      I love to open my door and see the stars and feel the wind hit my face! It is always a spiritual experence for me!

There are usually deer feeding in our pasture ! Awsome sight! "As the deer pant for water, so I for you, Lord"...

Have a great day!
      :h Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

feeling grateful this morning myself...just piddling around the house..having time..precious time..before work, I love my home, my garden, my bedroom, I was feeling grateful for my clothes as I dressed..I have a nice wordrobe created from thrift store finds, ebay steals..whatever. I'm a poor girl with a rich girl's taste and I'm thankful that God and the Universe not only provides what I need, but is generous with the things that I desire. There doesn't seem to be room for gratitude if I'm consumed with the distractions of alcohol..the planning, the buying, the hangovers, the extra weight...
        :0)

Comment

Hi all,

My day is ending over here, but it was a good one. I'm simply a cheshire cat in the mornings as I sip my great cup of coffee and chat with daughter and husband before they leave; I feel good, I feel grounded.
          As I was driving over to meet a dear friend for a long power walk through the woods I was giving thanks to the universe too!! When we came back we were talking about a book or something and we both, unrelatedly, commented on how much goodness there is in our lives and how blessed we are. And she said, doing that "Vanna White hand move" over her table ladened with piles of freshly folded laundrey... "and, as if I could even complain about having to wash SO MANY clothes... in a machine... with hot water."

We're in the midst of buying a house. The couple who are selling have lived in it for 30 years and raised their children there. We love the house!! Yesterday, we met at the Notary's to draw up the contract (we're buying direct, no agent involved) and they surprised us by telling us that they have decided to reduce the selling price by 10k because they are so happy that we, who love the house so much, are buying it and the negotiations have been so smooth. And, mind you, we are convinced we were buying it at a fair and great price to begin with! My husband and I were so moved by their generosity. This is so much more than just buying a house. This is passing "the home" from one family to another. And, another thank-you!

And, I like to believe that I am able to appreciate these blessings because I am taking care of myself, my spirt. Things would be sooo way different if I were starting off every morning in an awful hungover fog.
          Yikes... I don't even want to think about that for too long.

Okay, bedtime...
          catch you all tomorrow.

Olly

Comment

Olly...WOW, what a story. That is amazing...and such evidence for the laws of attraction. I believe that your grateful mind attracted that kind of generosity of spirit from the seller. I was listening to my Eckhard CD just yesterday...he was quoting the bible (he quotes Buddha and every other great spiritual teacher and explains beautifully, especially Jesus, what is really being said and what we missed as a race) he talked about what Jesus said when he said those who had much (abundance) would have more and those who were poor (in spirit) would have less. It seems to be a universal law!
            Thanks for sharing!
            Dianne

Comment

Di,
              I havent' heard of Eckard. Sounds really interesting tho. What's his name, the name of the CD?

I'm a "higher power, thank the universe" person with alot of respect for most of religions that I know about. I'm always interested in learning more about them... helps me weave my own belief system/ relgion.

thanks, Olly

Comment

Olly, it's Eckhart Tolle, author of The Power of Now, here is the url to his site:
                Eckhart Tolle - I really like him because he resonates closely with A Course in Miracles, which I studied years ago. My husband and I have been listening to him a lot lately. Sounds like you would really like him...probably one of the few truly enlightened beings alive today.
                :0)

Comment

Just wanted to fly by and say hello and to say how grateful I am for all of you! I need to do something about my time management so I can spend more time here with you all.

spacie

Comment

I was driving home from work today, and I had this weird feeling myself. It took me quite a while to figure it out. Something was really different. What was it?

Then, just about the time I turned onto the final road through the forest, it hit me. There was no pain in my body!! I have gotten so used to this or that aching. Elbow, knee, back, neck, head, eyes, feet, you name it. Something always seems to hurt more or less each day, and I got used to it. Years of boozing made a lot of things hurt.

This is only possible, and I know this deeply, because I am healing up. There is a big difference between really being without pain, and being numb. I mean who here has not drank their pains away sometime, or many times?

There is a big difference between hurting, and covering it with alchohol, and not hurting at all. Very strange it is for me. I got home, and immediately had the best workout (I wrote about it in the fitness section) I've had in a long, long time. My arms and legs are tingling with good vibrations or something.

So this is the goodness that I have worked so hard for? HEALTH!!! Bonafide HEALTH!!

Yes, I am thankful as well. Health is the absence of DIS-EASE. Health is EASE!!

Neil

Comment

So nice to see happiness here...
                      I'm all for happiness and health.

whoopie... so glad to be part of it.

Neil, I just came back from my workout today.. today it was outside.. its really humid and boy was it hard work.. but in my mind i knew from the bottom of the stairs that I COULD run up them all AND be ok at the top. A year ago.. I was daunted by the first step.

group hug
                      Brigid

Comment

Gratitude is what has been keeping me sober these past 40 days. When I keep that frame of mind, the last thing I want to do is drink. Every day I wake up I remind myself that I have been given the gift of another day that is filled with opportunity. It would be a shame to let that opportunity go to waste. Have a happy and productive day everyone!

Comment

Capto, I couldn't agree more. I also have to, and will keep on, reminding myself of how great it is to be free of that old alcohol crutch - that just didn't work for me, how fantastic it is to be celebrating life instead of drowning it out, how much easier it is to deal with life sober, and how much stronger I am feeling, since quiting booze 26 days ago.

To lucidity.

Comment

Working...
                          X