Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long does topa take to kick in?

Any one know??
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Hey newgrl
    Its different for everyone. Some people notice effects right away. I have heard quite a few people say they foiund a real difference at around the 75 mg mark (so about 2-3 weeks in), for some its more like 100 - 150 (so maybe 4-6 weeks) etc. For me, I really noticed the difference at 175mg. It's very individual. I can tell you this though - I did notice subtle differences from the start.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Hugs
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

thanks!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

What is topa?
        Control the Mind

Comment

Topa is topamax or topiramate. There is more information on it on the frequently asked questions forum. It is a medication originally for epilepsy that has been found to be effective for a wide variety of conditions ranging from migraine headaches, to addiction assistance. It is started slowly at about 25 mg and increased at a rate of about 25 mg a week to about 175 or 200 mg. I have been taking 25 mg/day and adding 50 mg of naltrexone on the weekends and using the sleep hypnosis tape and exercise. I am on day 10 of abstinence and have no side effects or cravings.

Comment

Hi Newgrl
            I just started on the 50mg doses. I have noticed a change and that I don't want to start drinking as early as I used too so that's a start. Hope that helps!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

thanks NP!
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
              X