DriftyAlison0 has 8 months AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am at 8 months AF today. I feel so good and so free to be rid of the AL. I feel good, and I don't have those nasty hangovers anymore. Although I still have times where I crave AL, they are getting weaker and farther apart. When they do hit, I remind myself on why I quit drinking, and think of having a hangover and before I know it the craving has left and I have my quit intact. I had a rare night where if I were planning to go out, I would have canceled because I didn't feel strong enough, however the plan was to stay home anyways so I just stayed home. But these times are getting more and more rare the longer that I stay af. I am living proof that yes things do get better after being AF for a while, but it takes work and it takes NOT DRINKING AL AT ALL!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Congratulations Drifty, it's great that you have put in all the hard work, 8 months is quite an achievement, no going back now.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

:wd::wd::wd:

WELL DONE DRIFTY! 8 MONTHS AF IS WONDERFUL......
      KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING

:yougo::yougo::yougo:
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Way to go you, that is awesome, Ive been followin ya since you started, always enjoy your candor and insight.........keep it up and enjoy your AF time.

Is that a bird in your avatar? Wifey and I just got a baby cockatiel for Chritsmas, kind of fun to have around

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1762769=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Well done Allison - you've been on my honor list for ages and you are an inspiration for sure! You should be soooooo proud of yourself! I won't even bother to say keep up the good work - you ARE the good work girl!!!!!!! Congratulations and biggest hugs!!!!! Amanda
          It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
          Mother Theresa

Comment

That;s a wonderful achievement. Congrats.
            Diggin' being alive

Comment

Alison - excellent job. A special congrats to you - you're younger than most here I would guess - So, I think it takes a special person to understand this early on. You will be so much better off in the long run........no wasting your life. Way ta go!!

Comment

Well done Alison, what an achievement.

Congratulations

Love Flossie xx
                Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Congratulations!! 8 months AF is a wonderful accomplishment!

Comment

CONGRATS Drifty!
                    Keep up the great work
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I like it when you get down and dirty.......Alison! Ha! Congrats Hon.......Tony
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

So happy for you, and if you are one of the younger set - that is really special. I can't tell you how I wish I could turn back the clock on all the YEARS, no DECADES i wasted....but it's really never to late!!!! Good for you - now don't you dare ever give in!!!!!
                        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Nelz;1248547 wrote: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Way to go you, that is awesome, Ive been followin ya since you started, always enjoy your candor and insight.........keep it up and enjoy your AF time.

Is that a bird in your avatar? Wifey and I just got a baby cockatiel for Chritsmas, kind of fun to have around
                          That is a baby chick. I was holding one to help socialize it. And thanks everyone!
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

CONGRATS, Drifty!!!!! Great job. You are an inspiration to so many of us!!
                            Enjoy your day!

:goodjob:TDN
                            "One day at a time."

Comment

Congrats drifty well done and as you know one day at a time .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X