Bad sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad sad news

I had a slip. I don't want to go into detail,and as you can imagine I am very bummed out about it. It has taken me two days to recover and I feel terrible.

I can clearly see though,exactly how this thing played out in my mind, how the thoughts started in the morning and continued to pop up throughout the day. I missed 2 days of work and have been in the house since Wed night. Exactly as it used to be.

Maybe it sounds really stupid to repeat this but I am not going to live this way. I'm trying to regard this as a lesson and plod on. Things were going so well in so many ways. As they say
    get back on the horse-that's what I'm doing but my heart is heavy with disappointment.

Thanks for listening

Bad sad news

It doesn't sound stupid at all ann, it sounds like a really good idea to me. Learn from it and recommit to what you have been doing so successfully. Good for you! Missing work isn't good, but it's done and there's nothing you can do about it, so don't beat yourself up. Just be determined that it won't happen again.

Onwards and upwards ann, don't be too hard on yourself with that disappointment. :l
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Bad sad news

Yes, Ann, honey we've all been there so it sure doesn't sound stupid to us :h:h so cheer up and repeat to yourself: this is a lesson, and I'm going to learn from it. You recognized all the danger signs - now put your emergency plan back in place.

You have many AF days to your credit and they are recent. So remember how good it felt and get back to that!! My heart goes out to you. I'm so newly sober (day 20) that danger for me lurks behind every tree!! So away you go forward to success :h:h
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Bad sad news

You've said it all Ann.....now get back up on the horse.

/Cups hands together to give Ann a boost back up :thumbs:
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Bad sad news

According to statistics very few alkies manage to quit once for all. Most have lapses on the way. Don't be discouraged and use the feeling of disappointment as a damper when the cravings come again.
          You will have victory if you're serious about beating this beast.:l
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Bad sad news

Hi Ann

You were one of the first people who welcomed me on my first post.
            You sounded very strong and you felt very good being AF which means that you really want it!
            Please don't be so hard on yourself! There was a post a while ago that said that most people cave around 3/4 months, because they then experience a mild form of depression.
            And just look at your signature! You were 3 monthsAF!!!
            The same person that you are feeling bad about now had the strenght and courage to do that!

Figure out what went wrong. What was the trigger, and just continue...:h
            12-20-2012 AF
            Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Bad sad news

What everyone else said Ann. Back up and at 'em, girl! :l
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Bad sad news

Ann, a friend of mine in Overeaters anonymous told me after I lapsed once something that stuck with me. You were doing research. And the data is telling you that you don't want to live that way, and AL does not work for you. So whatever has happened is now done and you've learned a lot about yourself! Things will feel better when you get back to work and realize other people called in sick too cause a wicked cold is going around... or whatever.

Keep going!

Comment

Bad sad news

Thank you all. I SO enjoyed NOT being the company drunk. My slip was Wed night, and the night before there was big big corporate thing I refused to go to. Apparently lots of people got drunk and were driven home by my boss. But this is viewed as somehow f***ing amusing, rather than the
                  crap it really is.
                  I was with a small group so I'm not sure how widespread the word may be but you guys are right. What's done is done and I am going on with my life. It's a learning process. Figuring out how to live sober and engage with people is a struggle. I have a fabulous job but I rather wish there was not so much wining and dining, though YES I know it's my choice of what to do with that situation.
                  I don't have anyone right now to talk this out with so I'm trying to process what happened and
                  develop ways to avoid it in the future.
                  How about staying away from bars??? Duh

Comment

Bad sad news

Hi Ann. I new at posting but have been reading a lot of posts on mwo since last November. You are a great and strong lady and I have gotten a lot of strength from reading your posts. I am on day two. But like a lot of others, I have had many slips over the past 20 years and know how bad and sad it makes you feel. Now you can start over and keep me company! Willow 1 is also a newbie. We three will stick tight and cheer each other on. How bout that?

Love
                    Star
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Bad sad news

Sure Star

Thank you so much. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much.
                      And it is true that I can see exactly how the thoughts started early in the day, and the several points where I could/should have turned it around.
                      So that's a good thing-one more thing to know to fight this!
                      Yeah then Star-off we go together.
                      I hope noone minds but I intend it check in here every day. It really helps me stay accountable. I enjoy it as well and like to hear what's happening with everyone.
                      WE are SO in this damn boat together.
                      I can hardly bear the thought of facing people at the office Monday, but that's a lot of the problem-caring about what people think instead of focusing on taking care of myself.

Comment

Bad sad news

[I] Ann....everybody makes mistakes ! That's why they put erasers on pencils.....Ha! Pick yourself up again........as many times as you need too ! Quitting to do so is when you fail ! /I]
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Bad sad news

broken halo;1248747 wrote: It doesn't sound stupid at all ann, it sounds like a really good idea to me. Learn from it and recommit to what you have been doing so successfully. Good for you! Missing work isn't good, but it's done and there's nothing you can do about it, so don't beat yourself up. Just be determined that it won't happen again.

Onwards and upwards ann, don't be too hard on yourself with that disappointment. :l
                          Exactly what I would say. Just learn from your mistakes and move on. Coming back on day 1 sucks, but this time don't repeat the same mistake. Instead of picking up the drink, go here instead. You can do this!
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Bad sad news

Ann 221;1248818 wrote: Thank you so much. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much.
                            And it is true that I can see exactly how the thoughts started early in the day, and the several points where I could/should have turned it around.
                            So that's a good thing-one more thing to know to fight this!
                            Yeah then Star-off we go together.
                            I hope noone minds but I intend it check in here every day. It really helps me stay accountable. I enjoy it as well and like to hear what's happening with everyone.
                            WE are SO in this damn boat together.
                            I can hardly bear the thought of facing people at the office Monday, but that's a lot of the problem-caring about what people think instead of focusing on taking care of myself.
                            I check in everyday myself. I don't always post, but I at least will read posts.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Bad sad news

Hey Ann. I understand about not wanting to face people at the office. Been there myself. But I would bet they won't even give it all a second thought. Really. You know they were prolly drinking too and maybe they did a few things they aren't that proud of either. Just try to think how you would treat your co worker of the "shoe" were on the other foot. And remember we All have to accept the things we can't change . You are doing great Ann for not letting this one little slip be am excuse for falling back down that rabbit hole!
                              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                              X