tried mods without topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried mods without topa

good evening it is late in the evening in toronto, I have been on the vitamins only no hypno or topa cds to arrive shortly,and stayed achohol free for 9 days.
    My goal is to be a moderate responsable drinker(MODS). I had no problem staying AF for 9 days yes it did come to mind, but I managed to stay free and clear.

Tonight I thought I would try out MODS , althoughth I thought maybe I could have only 2 glases of wine one before dinner and one with dinner, I failed I had a craving for another so I DID AND SINCE MY DRINK of PREFERANCE IS BEER i ALSO HAD 3 Beers. I feel guilty right now . I guess I feel quilty wright now, but Ihave not done the CD'S OR TOPA. I do not know if the vitamins have enough power by themself. I guess they were not good enough because tonight when I tried MODS I was having the urge for 1 beer after another and the craving got worse and worse.

I am particularly scared of asking my doctor for Topa, I was wondering if any other person had that same feeling? I am ahamed of my condition, I guess it was the way I was raised. I was adopted as a child and my bioligical father and grandfather were alcoholics my father has gone dry and my grandfather died from this problem.

I do enjoy my glass of wine or two but I need to know if it is attainable with MODS with this program by starting with Topa and the Hypno CDs.

I have 2 young children 3 and 4 and I would love to see them get married andhave a family of their own. I am 39 and need some advise. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

My wife has been understanding but i guess she does not know how hard this is for me, I feel quilty when I drinkand I tend to be secluded from her. Ilove my wife and kids and I will do what it takes to make my life abetter place to be in for myself and my family. PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME!!!!!!

Thanks

Catlin

tried mods without topa

Hi Catlin,:welcome:

I'm sorry you're feeling bad at the moment. Your post is very powerful. I've been where you are now, and I hope it might help you to hear "it will get better." Have you downloaded the book? That would be a good start. Keep reading the posts here too.

Hang in there!! It's great that you did nine days AF. I know that RJ recommends 30 days AF before starting a Mods program. Maybe you should set a 30 day AF goal for yourself and give yourself a bit more AF time? Although I lurked here a very long time, I am still in my early days too. I went 25 days AF but then over the holidays drank. At first I thought I was doing great by only drinking 2 glasses of wine with the big dinners but after three of those nights came New Years Eve and ...bam!... I went back to my old ways of drinking too much!! So, I started back AF the next day. I'm on day 11. For me, it's easier to focus on staying AF for now.

I'm only doing the sups (no topa or drugs) and for me it's just easier to not drink... because once I do, I know I may not want to stop.

Welcome again and keep posting and reading. I get alot of my support from the ABS threads although everything and everyone here is good!!

take care, Olly

Comment

tried mods without topa

sups

What kind of sups are you using? Are you doing the complete starter kit?
      I have not started yet, but hope to soon.
      Control the Mind

Comment

tried mods without topa

Suppliments

HI Rocky

This morning I feel a bit cloudy , I will have to get back on the AF track today, and keep strong . The suppliments that I am using are the ones in the book, Also I am using Niacin and Sawme. I hope to get the Cds soon. This program is great but like everything good in life we must work at it. I am sure that you will do fine and do not let the ups and downs get the best of you just keep pushing forward.

Comment

tried mods without topa

Thanks for the support.

[QUOTE=Olly]Hi Catlin,:welcome:

I'm sorry you're feeling bad at the moment. Your post is very powerful. I've been where you are now, and I hope it might help you to hear "it will get better." Have you downloaded the book? That would be a good start. Keep reading the posts here too.

Hang in there!! It's great that you did nine days AF. I know that RJ recommends 30 days AF before starting a Mods program. Maybe you should set a 30 day AF goal for yourself and give yourself a bit more AF time? Although I lurked here a very long time, I am still in my early days too. I went 25 days AF but then over the holidays drank. At first I thought I was doing great by only drinking 2 glasses of wine with the big dinners but after three of those nights came New Years Eve and ...bam!... I went back to my old ways of drinking too much!! So, I started back AF the next day. I'm on day 11. For me, it's easier to focus on staying AF for now.

I'm only doing the sups (no topa or drugs) and for me it's just easier to not drink... because once I do, I know I may not want to stop.

Welcome again and keep posting and reading. I get alot of my support from the ABS threads although everything and everyone here is good!!

take care, Olly[/QUOTE I thank you for the support today is day 1 and I guess you are right I should at least go 30 days AF, I did read most of the book but did not finish reading it yet. I also feel that mabe easier for me just to Stay AF. I will have to stay more focused and go forward and not look back.

THANK YOU.

Comment

tried mods without topa

Hi Cat~

A habit takes about 46 days to develop (retraining the brain). So I would suppose trying to moderate before the suggested 30 days would just put you in the "drinking" frame of mind since the cravings are still lingering.

I have come to the realization that moderation is not for me. I had in the past gone 10 mnths then tried mod. which worked for about 2 weeks but I just went back to my old ways. I had to come to grips that I'm an alcoholic who can not have just one drink because the overwhelming feeling of wanting another is too much & that impulse always wins & wins & wins. I lose at the end.

I would do the suggested 30 days & take it from there. Give your brain a chance to retrain itself. I would look into doing the cd's too.

Hang in there!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

tried mods without topa

Thanks for the advise

Thanks for the advise. Today is day 1.

How long have you been AF did you use the meds cds and suppliments. I appriciate all the feedback that I can get.

Thanks

Comment

tried mods without topa

Success without Topa?

I'm new to this program and have purchased the supplements but want to avoid using topa if I can. Has anyone been successful without using the meds? If so what supplements did you use? Thanks
                Colorado Chick!
                Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

tried mods without topa

Welcome Denise and Catlin! Yes, you can do it without the topa. Many of the people on here have. Most importantly you have to really want do make this change. Catlin, what you spoke of is what many of us in mods struggle with which is why some realize mods is not an option. I know when I cannot stop at 2. My brain is not wired that way. I want 4-5. But if I can go all week without drinking and then just do that 1-2 times a week I would consider that a victory. Some other people might find that too much. None of these supplements or drugs are going to "cure" you. I have, however, heard many positive things about the CDs. They help with the rewiring of the brain. Don't beat yourself up. Every AF day is a thing to be proud of!!!
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

tried mods without topa

Hi Caitlin and Denise,

I am new too -- only 6 days AF -- Caitlin, today I went to a doctor and got an Rx for Topa -- yes it was embarassing. I had the same doc for 15 years but she retired so this was the FIRST visit with the new dr...Imagine the conversation: 'Hello Dr. Nice to meet you. I've stopped drinking 6 days ago. I've been a wreck ever since, not sleeping, anxious, scared...my CDs aren't here, no sups yet, its been below zero so no walks yet...and by the way may I try Topa since I've been drinking on Campral and rendering is useless...BUT the doc was AWESOME. Gave me support and hope -- so have many on this website over the last six days. Take a risk, go see a doctor and maybe start AF for longer. I think this is gonna take me a while without alcohol as much as I rather MODS, I have a feeling I'd better shoot for longer term AF

Hang in there,
                    sri

Comment

tried mods without topa

Welcome Denise and Sri:welcome:

Caitlin, are you still checking in here?

Congrats Sri on your visit with the doctor! It's always nice to hear about supportive and kind doctors who understand and are willing to perscribe the Topa. We need more of those! Anyway, what a nice start to your new journey.

I wish you both all the luck and are glad you're here.
                      Olly

Comment

tried mods without topa

Thanks everyone for your support, I know this is going to be a big part of my recovery. I think I'll try it without the topa and see how I do. Sounds like you have to avoid all alchohol for awhile doing it this way.
                        Colorado Chick!

Comment

tried mods without topa

I've been on topa for just over a year, and have been mods pretty successfully, for the most part-... a few slips, but still waayyy better than anything else I've tried in decades.

I just stopped taking the topa this past Sunday, due to hair loss concerns (I know I'm vain!)... So this is gonna be a whole new start for me going without the topa. I did find after a while I was able to drink past the effects of topa...This is day 6 without... and so far I'm doing pretty well with the mods.
                          I know I'm going to have to be VERY diligent from here on... but like anything else that I REALLY WANT, I have to be determined & give it my best shot... then continue doing just that ....
                          I am still doing the L-glut, Kudzu, and a vitamineral green that I found @ the health food store,.as well as CD's.

I feel better than I expected, and much more energetic & alert than I have in quite some time. Wish me faith, strength, & continued determination, as I do everyone here.

:l Judie
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

tried mods without topa

St Jude
                            I wish you all the best without topa. I'm with you don't want to deal with the side effects and am hoping to be successful with just the supplements and CDS. Today was tough I reached for the leftover Valentine's chocolate to curb the craving and then thought to myself you can't have chocolate without red wine. Anyway frustrated with the conversation I was having with myself I left the house and went shopping. Thankfully didn't have the glass or should I say glasses of wine. You're right it's going to take some determination on my part!
                            Colorado Chick!

Comment

Working...
                            X