Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, down here, it's me... Thursday Jan 11

Mornin' Fitters,

Okay, hope you all wake up feeling good, focused and determined... and then post about it... because I could use a good kick in the pants and some positive motivation. I've stumbled the last two days. No, still AF (Day 11 for me) But, I've come up with a million excuses to not exercise. And yesterday, I bought a candy bar. Yikes... this on day four of trying to clean up my diet and go SF (sugar free) Today was to be the day I got back to they gym... but, I just don't wanna. Where is my resolve? Where is my Lisa-Mantra??

Help, I've fallen off the fitness wagon and I can't get up! Well, at least that's what it feels like at the moment.

Hope everyone else is securely strapped into their fitness wagon seats... keep an eye out for me... I'm running along the side (even figuratively that would be a slow jog) trying to pull myself back up.

take care, Olly

Oh Olly,
    just give yourself some slack. It is only possible to ride one wagon at a time really well, unless you are an acrobat. Enjoy your sobriety and give yourself credit, the rest will come, promise.
    Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Lori...
      in fact, I felt immediately better after whinning about it when I posted. I got a very clear message today, along the way, that I need to do these things so that I will RESPECT MYSELF... something I haven't concerned myself with in ages.
      Olly

Comment

Morning Olly and Lori-

I cancelled my 5am training for this morning..no mantra today for me either.
        My kitty is still sick and I was half awake all night worrying about him etc. Went back to the vet this morning (3rd time) and they told me he has a urinary tract infection.
        I was relieved to hear that until the doc said that it was very, very unusual for a cat to get that - esp a male cat and that although they had not found another issue, the infection was often an indication of another issue - like kidney problems, or cancer. Then he said - but who knows? maybe it is a very rare uti and he will get better with the antibiotics. I'm praying for that to be the case.
        I really think there is a reason I do not have children....I can't take the stress!

No workout for me this morning. Maybe this weekend when he is feeling better.

Sometimes you just get off track - but that's ok. Still af though..day 74 I believe.

better get back to work..

Comment

Poor kitty...............How old is he , Lisa?
          I've heard that cats can sometimes have health problems like that.
          We had a cat one times named Sweet Louie. He got thrown in kitty jail one time for scratching a neighbor! Had to serve his time and then I think we had to go bail him out!
          Pets really are a lot like people.

:h Nancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Ah heck!

Mulligan day. Here I sit, eating corn chips, and drinking a full-tilt Coca-Cola. No workout.

Maybe some stretches (just a few) before bedtime. Definitely need to hit the mind machine, and meditate for a good 30 to 45 minutes, and relax every single muscle.

I feel like being a garden slug. Is there a form of kung-fu called "The Way of the Slug"?

Yep, mulligan day.

Besides tomorrow is Friday, and that is prime exercise day in the Neil book. Procrastination is truly an art form you know.

signed, "The slug without guilt"

PS: Had one of those George Carlin moments. Remember the old show "Kung Fu" from the 1970's? Master Po would address his pupil as "grasshopper" So Master Po would say "Ah yes, grasshopper (insert wise saying). Now I imagine Master Po coming up to me, and saying, "Ah yes, garden slug (insert wise saying)"

Neil

Comment

Hey Nancy-
              Tucker is 9 yrs old. That is so funny you mention kitty jail....Tucker was brought home by a policeman once!
              He was probably less than a year old and I was in an apt with a balcony. Well, he jumped off one night (didn't know he would do that) and when hewanted to come home apparently he went to my upstairs neighbor and scratched on her window. She thought it was a burgular and called 911!! I heard noise outside and saw a flashlight..went out on the balcony and there was a policeman with Tucker stuck on him like velcro! " Ma'am...is this your cat?"
              Well, yes officer....

He is my baby - all my kitties are special. They really are family. He is feeling better tonight. I got a lesson from the vet today about how to give a cat a pill without getting bit. I'll see how that goes in the morning.

Hope you all have a good night. Looks like we all took the day off today exercise wise. I had a good
              'Slug day' today :H Good description of my day-
              Lisa

Comment

Working...
              X