Day 23 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 23 today

Hello. I have not posted alot but read tons. I am coming up on my goal, 30 days and I am feeling a little anxious about what happens after that. I do not know yet what I want to do. It has been pretty eady for me not to drink but I have always said I will drink again... Dont know when, how much or what.... I just dont know now.... I feel good about not drinking and I feel better. My workouts are 100 times better than the hungover ones. I wish I had lost more weight. That is extremely frustrating. But I know my body is thanking me. I just dont know where to go from there. Anyone been here?

Shiner

Day 23 today

I know the feeling. If you like not drinking, then don't drink. Think up a next goal (for example another 30 af days or only so many drinks at so many nights etc). You can do it! You only got 7 more days!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 23 today

Shiner, I am pretty much where you are at 26 days today. Less the work outs and being anxious about what to do. I just don't really know what I'd like my next step to be. So when in doubt, best to err on the side of caution. I could sure use a buddy to do another 30 just for posterity if nothing else. What say you??
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Day 23 today

You both have good points. I am leaning toward committing to another 30 days. Congrats to both of you on your af days.... I will make another goal soon... I am so nervous about it but I know once I set my mind to it, I can do it....
        RC - I am thinking I will be joining you..

Shiner

Comment

Day 23 today

Shiner, we all quit AL because we have a problem with it. Some people have cancer, some diabetes, and some an AL dependency problem: that's us. Nothing inherently good or bad about it. It is just so. AL is not for us and should not be part of our lives. Period. The sooner you embrace it, the sooner you will learn to let go of that pressure of short term goal. Lots of people dont drink and are living a full life and we should be one of them. I read that less than 3% of us can moderate so I would take that possibility out of the equation.

Things do get easier and easier with time. I am on day 42 and it is getting easier every day. I don't even think about drinking every day anymore.

Good luck

Comment

Day 23 today

Hi Shiner, congrats on the 23 days, you must be feeling pretty good. As far a the weight goes, I don't know or care how old you are but I'm 56 been working out all my life and the weight just doesn't come off like it used to. I'm on day 17 today myself, going to stop at 22 (end of Jan) then try for 20 days
            AF in February. Was just running with my brother this morning and he mentioned that the weight loss is coming slower and slower, I said, hell this 56 isn't 26, he said hell, it isn't 46 either..stay the course You'll be fine.

Be well B-45

Comment

Day 23 today

Good for you on your progress so far Shiner!! Do some thinking about what you want to do. There is so much support here that whatever you decide to do, we're here for you.
              Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
              (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Day 23 today

Balboa can i ask why u r going to stop at day 22 and do 20 in feb? Does that mean u r going to drink again? Im confused sorry
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Day 23 today

Thank you all for your posts. I know I can do this. I am going to hang in there.

Shiner

Comment

Day 23 today

available;1251329 wrote: Balboa can i ask why u r going to stop at day 22 and do 20 in feb? Does that mean u r going to drink again? Im confused sorry
                    Yes as a matter of fact you can ask Available. The last few years I've managed to cut down on drinking considerably. I've never quit altogether usually AF between 120 and 160 days a year. My goal for this year is 200 days AF and going to try for 240. I base my AF days on my work schedule, which is only part time, and on the running of 10K events (usually 8 or 9 a year).

I guess you could say this is my way of moderating, staying out of trouble with family and business and staying in really good shape for a 56 year old dude. I appreciate the support I've found here on MWO. Yes I'm going to have a few coldies next week, looking forward to it, shouldn't cause any problems and I have a tight work-out and business obligation plan to meet. I actually found this site while doing research on Al moderating.

There you have it. Be Well, B45

Comment

Day 23 today

jane27;1251496 wrote: Hi Balboa,

I admire your discipline. I must have been absent the day they passed that out! LOL

Years ago a friend gave me a very thin book on drinking- designed to help you figure out who's in the drivers seat- you or the booze. The only thing I recall is that it says to make a plan- ie I will not drink Mon-Wed or I wil alternate 3 days AL with 2 days AF. Me- I failed every time I tried. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

Does over drinking ever hurt you? If it?s a matter of running red lights (figuratively) when you ARE drinking, maybe with your discipline you could find a way to moderate that too- or, is it the blow out that feels so good? Just wondering.

Congrats on your progress! I have a friend who is an old school drinker. He quits drinking every January to diet. I can?t do that. I always have to hit some sort of bottom (usually depression, disgust & tired of feeling like shit). It is so rare that I step up to the plate- that even the thought of having just 1 is dangerous.

For now it seems that you set a goal and are achieving it. That can't be a bad thing, right?
                      Best - jane
                      Jane, Yes, Yes, and Yes is the answer to your questions. Although never a problem with the law (truly a miracle years ago) I've had all the problems you discuss above. I hate being sick, tired and not my best, plus all the work it takes to be a functioning alcoholic. I travel around the country on business about 30 weeks a year and it's getting where I can't drink on the road. That helps my "programs" as I call my non drinking streaks.

My doctor, skinny bastard, told my to cut it back and I did. Simple as that. I hate being out of shape and the older I get the harder it is to maintain. Congratulations on your 18 days sober, today is 18 for me. I always say the best part of not drinking is waking up in the morning and thinking, well, that wasn't all that bad, another day AF. Another day of clear thinking...what a concept.

Be well, B-45

Comment

Working...
                      X