Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Good morning to All-

Thank you for your kind responses. I'm feeling strong so I feel ok to not bug you guys with these daily updates. I believe that episode was a small blip that made me stronger and wiser.

I'm not going anywhere; I'll be around as usual.

Supercrew-I get what you are saying about hangin out when people are drinking like the situation you described. Here's my take on it though-I find that my only reason for being there was to drink. The people are OK of course, but I could be home doing something constructive. Maybe I'm just saying that that kind of socialiazing is just not for me. As opposed to say a concert, the symphony,an art gallery, even art shows with wine. A
    gathering where the focus is not on drinking.

I wrote a new song I think you guys would like. I'm going to try to get it on youtube if you want to check it out later.

Everyone have a great day!

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Ann 221;1251106 wrote: Good morning to All-

Thank you for your kind responses. I'm feeling strong so I feel ok to not bug you guys with these daily updates. I believe that episode was a small blip that made me stronger and wiser.

I'm not going anywhere; I'll be around as usual.

Supercrew-I get what you are saying about hangin out when people are drinking like the situation you described. Here's my take on it though-I find that my only reason for being there was to drink. The people are OK of course, but I could be home doing something constructive. Maybe I'm just saying that that kind of socialiazing is just not for me. As opposed to say a concert, the symphony,an art gallery, even art shows with wine. A
    gathering where the focus is not on drinking.

I wrote a new song I think you guys would like. I'm going to try to get it on youtube if you want to check it out later.

Everyone have a great day!
    Great point Ann, as they say in AA if you go to the barber shop enough eventually you'll get a haircut. I go to talk baseball, make fun and take advantage of the drunks , and leave with some good reasons not to drink. My life now is based on happiness, strength and confidence, alcohol gives me none of those things. Love to hear the song!!

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Ann, you bring up a good point about only being there to drink. I think that in Jason Vale's Kick the Drink book, he talks about not avoiding social situations or places you used to frequent and to just do what you have always done, UNLESS you find that the only reason you go there was/is to drink. Maybe it is a good opportunity to find new things to do and new friends to hang out with.

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Super-love the barber shop analogy! Pretty funny

LFP-You are right. I have other stuff to do and places to go. Not surprisingly though, the after work beer to vent with colleagues? For them it's an after work beer; for me it's a disaster.

So yeah, I think that the places I went to for drinking (nearly everywhere) should be off my list for a while. Before the dreadful slip I did stop in and chat and have a water and leave but then look what transpired! So I'll trade that activity for exercise and move on.

I've heard it said tha people behave the way they THINK they are expected to behave. Probably so, at least sometimes. Now when our out of town people come here they expect me to drink, as they've always known me as a drinker. BUT c'est la vie-not anymore!

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

I rather like your updates Would be a shame to stop now...
          Now where's that Youtube link?
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Thanks for showing your strength, Ann

Ann,
            You are awesome in getting yourself right back on track like this. I have never been able to do that after a slip and I admire your strength, your honesty and your willingness to show the rest of us just how it's done. :thanks:

Star
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

I can only repeat what Sunni said!!!!! I like reading your posts, and I see it as your written account of your AF life, one you can always go back and read should the thought of a drink ever cross your mind.
              And yes--how do we find it on youtube?????

TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

A word I never use

AWESOME-that is you guys! I reserve that word for special cases!

I'll post the link when I get it recorded. It's a song about quitting drinking. Imagine that!

Some people called me from a bar asking me to come out. I just said No but thanks for thinking of me. Of course there was a time when I would have run right out and sloshed in late, felt like hell tomorrow...and well, we know how it goes.

First verse of song:

I looked into a bottle of beer
                At the bottom I saw my face
                I blinked my eyes and I realized
                I'm no longer in that place

Corny I know but it's cool with guitar

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Ann, first of all, you ain't goin' nowhere.. please.. (Canadian politeness). No, seriously, hopefully you'll continue to post frequently as I've been stalking your threads and cheering your progress.. You are uncanny in your ability to recover and move from adversity. We have all learned a lot from you... see we all have something to contribute. Please make sure you post your youtube video soon.
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

THURSDAY UPDATE-LAST ONE

Ann stop teasing us and post the damn utube song ok? we all cant wait that patiently! Well i cant lol
                    Hope everyone is having a great day/night
                    Day one again for me but such is life. Stocking up more af days than i have done in years.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                    X