Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRIDAY MUSINGS

Notice I did not say Friday Update as promised . LOL

There was a time when I would wake up in the morning and hop right up and get the day going. This does not happen of course when drinking, lucky to get up at all.
    But being sober I find that I rather enjoy the time after waking up and just lying there for a bit, pondering the day, expressing some gratitude etc.
    This morning I thought of the expression "put your money where your mouth is" for some reason. This became the realization that I'm sober now because I out my ACTIONS where my MIND was. Before I would drink and read and cry and research and drink and look for a therapist and cry some more and drink and go to AA and on and on. I can remember back in about 1998 ordering and receiving in the mail some "quit drinking" program.
    Nothing worked until a commitment was made, with a conscious decision to CHANGE.
    I had to stop sugar-coating it, as if I was addressing the problem by well,,,,,READING about what to do instead of DOING.
    Seems that new insights come up every day. But then that is what it's all about isn't it? Finally seeing clearly what the hell is going on. I like it.

Everyone have a great Friday-except those who could be here after Friday already.

Thanks for being here

FRIDAY MUSINGS

Hi Ann

Enjoy your Friday! And make the most of it!!

You've just inspired me... I've been sitting the whole day staring at my books instead of studying!!

The night is just starting here. Luckily still have the rest of the weekend.

Go well!
    12-20-2012 AF
    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

FRIDAY MUSINGS

Thanks, Ann! as I was told by my counselor in rehab: "We know you can talk the talk--now you have to walk the walk!" That is what we are trying to do.
      Have a great af day, and will look for you tomorrow!!!

TDn
      "One day at a time."

Comment

FRIDAY MUSINGS

True dat

It is indeed all about the commitment and then the ACTION. I, too, spent months and months acknowledging my problem (yay me)... and waiting for something to change. Nothing changed. Quelle surprise.

Muse away on this happy AF Friday
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

FRIDAY MUSINGS

hey Ann, you just hit the nail on the head. All the reading, fretting, crying, planning, self-recrimination ain't getting the job done. It's actually not drinking that does it. Day after day, getting stronger. You are doing so well and it shows.

I am keeping my goals on my signature even though I failed in the first one just to remind myself of what giving in can cause... failure. Have a great weekend.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

FRIDAY MUSINGS

Wishing for something never accomplished anything...therefore my years of drinking but wishing I wasn't. Only action produces results. For me it's as simple as actively taking my Antabuse pill in the morning. I wish I could say I was more "active" in my recovery at this point, but the truth is I'm not. Maybe that's why I still feel wishy-washy about it sometimes. I need to get focused and start DOING things.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
            X