Friday, January 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, January 12

I'm in Manhattan for a bit, and pleased to report, our program is still working. While in a gorgeous dinning setting the other night, I could hardly believe the words coming out of my mouth, when I heard myself saying, "No,? wine for the lady, soda and lemon slice for me." Now that's a power trip. There are strong triggers when I pass piano tinkling atmospheric bars, but so far so good. Dang, being AF feels good. I wish we could package it and sell it in the lobby as well.

Capto

Friday, January 12

That is wonderful, Capto! And it's something that a non-drinker, as opposed to an ex-drinker, would never understand. Just having the power to be in the presence of alcohol and not under its spell is intoxicating in its own way. I have a little of that feeling when I walk past the liquor department on my way to buy groceries. Or when I was at my mom's during the holidays, and all the other adults were drinking, except for me. I was there, having iced tea, and not even wanting a drink. (I just kept thinking "I'll feel better than YOU will tomorrow morning....")

It's kind of like getting out of a really bad relationship and then after a while you see your ex somewhere. You realize that that person no longer has any kind of hold on you and it makes you feel very relieved.
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday, January 12

Good morning Mike and Cap..........I love that!!!!!!!!!!!! The seeing you x out and the feeling of complete control.
      I've been married over 40 years so don't have any x's around but I can compare it to times and people and "places" in my life that I have moved on past. I think I would call it "seasons" of my life. The older I get, I look back and can say "while that season was not all good and happy, I did gain wisdom from it".

Have a "Joy full" weekend, all.....
      :h Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday, January 12

Non-drinker and Seasons

Mike- I do like your contrast between non-drinker and ex-drinker. Non-drinker speaks to control and stance.

Nancy- Your view of learning and moving on and seeing it as seasons is quite beautiful.

I appreciate your insights.

Capto

Comment

Friday, January 12

Hi all,

Just wanted to add to Mikes' post...

and then there are those "ex"s that you have to ask : What in the world did I ever see in him/her? Hm, just imagine that instantaneous emotional reaction to alcohol!!!

more later, Olly

Comment

Friday, January 12

Hi all,
            Great going Capto, you feel quite proud of yourself when you've left the party and havent touched a drop,dont you.Its a great feeling.
            It's funny Mike, I was in the supermarket last night and walked past the liquor department and felt that feeling too.
            Have a great day all,
            Victoria xxoxxo

Comment

Working...
            X