Where is everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone

Hi all - what is everyone doing to make themselves more fit? What are you doing? Who's going to the gym? Who's training? Who's on a food regimen?

Don't stop now - we've made some good progress. I've worked out three days in a row and have been very observant of my food intake. Jeans are fresh out of the dryer and fit!

Let's motivate:happy: :banana: :banana:

Where is everyone

Hi Barb...I too have worked out the last three days, an hour and a half at the gym each day and then some abs and free weights when i get home...then some nice relaxing stretches. Iv also just been an stocked up on all sorts of healthy food...loads of fruit and veg. Im having grilled tuna steak and steamed veg for dinner tonight followed by fruit salad topped with low fat yoghurt , its really scrummy and you dont feel like youve missed out on a dessert....hope i can keep it up!!!

Lou-Lou x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Where is everyone

I took Belle for a walk around the apt complex. She loved it.....all new smells!!
      She ran out of TT though before we got back! I'll take her back out in a little while!
      :l Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Where is everyone

I finally broke down and joined Lifetime Fitness (local gym). I'm a cyclist by nature, but a wuss when it comes to the cold (riding below 30 degree). Getting a good balance by doing Pilates, Strength, Etc, classes. Bring on the warm weather!!
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Where is everyone

Hey all,

I've been hiding. I chose the user-name "Olly" to remind me that the "game is over" and "it's time to stop hiding".. and yet, I've been crouched over here , out of sight. Because, I have not been exercising. Yikes!! I just posted under Roxy's thread about supps for self-hatred and it became very clear to me that I am sabotaging myself... AGAIN. Fortunately, going AF isn't a huge challange for me... I can keep pretty focused and get through each day without huge struggle... so far. But, keeping with fitness program is tough. I am full-on cocky for the whole of 5 days and then .... pfffff.... I deflate and become a slug.
          Just happy to eat whatever and move oh so slowly.

I have got to get it through my head that this IS NOT and CAN NOT be a quick fix. This is not instant-gratification. If I start now... with even a good power walk EVERY DAY and turn down the really bad food stuff... I know it will make a difference! Only, I won't be able to really see it for a few months.

I started here in late November with a determined will to whip this 46 year old body "into shape".. I think I need to come down an few rungs and start from a place that is more realistic. I said earlier that my goal was to loose 5 pounds by January 31st... and so, what am I doing? I'm obviously "waiting" til the last minute and think I'll be able to reach that goal in the last few days of the month? This thinking is not working.

Olly

Comment

Where is everyone

just do a little, the night before pick three tasks you would like to accomplish, like using the stairs instead of elevator or walking for 30 mintes or something like that, say you are going to do all of them but tell you self you MUST do one of them, works for me.
            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Where is everyone

I have been doing a workout video that I ordered from the Osteoporosis Foundation, and I love it. I have a double incentive because I do have osteoporosis, and I don't want to end up crippled like my mother. So I do that 3 times a week, and I try to get on the elliptical exerciser at my school for 15 minutes 3 times a week. That is pretty modest, but I think it's best to be realistic.

Comment

Where is everyone

I'm very fortunate to have somewhat of a "home gym" set -up in our living room. My Aunt had an old XX ski machine in the garage she didn't use, so we took that off her hands. Then one day last summer Hubby was driving home and a few mi. downstream from our house, there was a bunch of exercise equipmt with a FREE sign next to it, by the road. We down and filled the back of my truck up!
                Now have a stairmaster, exercise bike, treadmill (which I've never used because I don't like to waste the electriciy), healthrider,

and an ablounge (which we bought)

Also live 10 mi from the beach so on nice days I like to walk on the beach, or just go walk along the river here ( right outside)

Ps, I get my share of walking in @ work also... waiting tables. I wore a pedometer a few weeks ago, it was a short shift (5 hours), and I went 7 miles!

Must admit, I can't wait for summer to return though. I'd much rather be kayaking!:H
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Where is everyone

Hey All,

Worked out this morning - crunches and calf raises and some weights and 25 min on the eliptical.
                  I hadn't worked out for several days and I could feel myself coming up with excuses for today too. Olly...I know exactly how you feel!! Really I do. When I was walking in the gym I realised I had left my lock and key for the locker in my car.....tried telling myself that it was a sign that I shouldn't work out! I drug myself thru it saying..."it's not your choice and it isn't up to you whether you work out or not...you just get your butt in there and do something" I had to be pretty tough with myself because I really did not want to go.
                  But I went and I felt pretty darned proud of myself afterwards.
                  The bad part of this story is that my right knee is kind of hurting now. Not sure if that is from the lunges or if I did something else. I think it is just a strain but I'm annoyed just the same.
                  I'm going to take some aleve and hope that cures it. Any other advice for a cure?

Well...happy to see so many posts today. St Jude..not sure exactly where you live but it sounds idyllic!
                  Hi Aathelete and sophia and newgirl!

Lisa

Comment

Where is everyone

Lisa I live on the Rogue River in southern Oregon. It is pretty nice, most of the time... when the wind isn't blowing the rain down the back of your neck @ 70-95 mph!(or up your nose!) Anywhere else, they would call it a hurricane.. around here, they just call it a "southerly".. just another strong wind from the south with a lot of rain!

But then again, it can clear up & be sunny the very next day & be 70* out and gorgeous...

Of course that's just the winter... the summers are awesome!
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Where is everyone

Hey- SJ- sounds beautiful. I visited Seaside Oregon about 8 years ago and fell in love with the place. I remember it now being very windy - I was there in Feb. Are you anywhere near Seaside? You said southern oregon - I think Seaside is north. Well, anyway, your description reminded me of my visit there and how much I loved it. It just felt rugged and wild and exciting. I was ready to move there by the end of my visit.

Ah, well...you enjoy!

So, as Barb said...who's doing what today? Who's working out? What are you doing?
                      My knee is still a little stiff. Bicycle maybe?

Lisa

Comment

Where is everyone

Hello everyone

Mind if I join you? I've been around MWO for a couple months now, but I've been concentrating on the drinking thing only, and I feel I need to start on the fitness thing now.

If it stops raining today, I will go for a walk. If not, I will get on the stationary bike for a casual ride. In the last 6 months my fitness level has gone way down, and it's time to kick start that, but I need to start slow.

Olly, I know exactly what you mean - I can get myself all worked up about getting fit, but the excitement only lasts so long. I need to be realistic with my goals and try to slowly incorporate fitness into my routine.

Lisa - careful with the knee, take it easy until you're sure it's getting better.

Hope everyone has a great day and meets their fitness and drinking goals!

pixie
                        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Where is everyone

AWOL
                          Control the Mind

Comment

Working...
                          X