day 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 29

I woke up this morning deciding I want to send off a missive to the good folk of MWO. I went to a dinner party last night, and had a really good time. I didn't once think about alcohol (though it was abundant), I didn't get drunk as quickly as possible, get out of control, or wake up feeling like s**t. Instead I was sober, calm, at peace, enjoyed many interesting (stimulating) conversations, and all round had a grand time. SO much better than with booze. Feels like a new level.

Have an excellent weekend.

day 29

Sounds like you had a good time Neil!!! So often, parties can be a real trigger, as we see others around us who we feel are 'enjoying' themselves so much more because they can drink...great to hear that you had such a good experience without the booze...you must have felt fantastic this morning too, a definite double whammy.

You are doing good my friend...keep dancing on that new level....Weemelon

Comment

day 29

Neil, that was fantastic news....I think it also adds another layer of strength and resolve to your armour because although the temptation was there you didn't give in.....And as Weemelon said today you have a clear head, no regrets and you feel good about yourself...Keep it up..

Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

day 29

Posts like these are an inspiration to us all, Neil. Well done!!

F
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

day 29

Now Neil.. all you have to do is just stick to it.. it always feels better
          its simple isnt it?
          brigid
          (smile)

Comment

day 29

good for you neil. every time you decide not to drink, particularly in these social situations, you become stronger as a non-drinker. plus all the other benefits which you mentioned. Stick with it.
            By the way I'm only 2 days AF, though I had many years AF before I started drinking again in March of last year. Once a person becomes used to being a non-drinker the thought of alcohol just doesn't come into the head. On the other hand, for me, one drink is all it takes to start the ball rolling again.
            I hope to stay abs with the help of people like you who use this site. It truly is a great resource.
            best of everything,
            prez
            "faith can move mountains, but bring a shovel" - Unknown

Comment

day 29

Well done you

Great post Neil, Well done.
              By the way - how long is it since you were drinking??
              Keep up the good life

Over this silly season I have noticed that it is fasinating being sober at gatherings.
              Some of the people you have dismissed before turn out to be really interesting when you are able to have a sober conversation with them.

There's nothing missing in my life since I stopped drinking.
              In fact I have started to see the value of some of the things that were right there all the time.

Best of luck to you & everyone
              Changeling

Comment

day 29

Welcome Prez!!:welcome:

congratulations for pulling yourself back up onto the wagon and getting through the early days of AF!!
                You bring a wealth of wisdom with you... I'm glad you've joined in!

Olly

Comment

Working...
                X