Depression and lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression and lighting

Ive been researching those lights that are supposed to mimic the sun. Seems like a pretty good idea. I dont really trust testimonials on company websites all that much.

If you have any experience with them good/bad, and would like to share, I would LOVE to hear from you.
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Depression and lighting

No personal experience Nelz, but have had customers over the years who have reported using them with mood improvement. There is a local clinic that offers sessions free of charge too. I'm not sure what to look for when purchasing. I'll see if I can get you more info.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Depression and lighting

I figured why not chose a Canadian company since Canadians would be more predisposed to SAD.

I would give this one a go:
      Northern Light Technologies | Home
      Here's an independent review:
      SADelite Light Therapy Desk Lamp by Northern Light Technologies: 10,000 Lux | Best SAD Lights
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Depression and lighting

Hi Guys. I use Litebook and it's is the best thing I've ever done. Within a week I was no longer having a nap in the afternoon, and was sleeping better at night - and mood improved a lot. I live in So. Ontario and it is DARK all winter.

I was taking Topa and GABA as well but I noticed that after my 1/2 hour with the lite box as soon as I get up - I felt AWAKE!!! and ready to take on the day. I highly recommend it. Litebook is also Canadian. The cost was $199, I think, but there was a bit of a sale before Christmas so I paid $175 or around there which with tax etc. brought it up close to $200. Best money I ever spent.
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Depression and lighting

Hi!

I'm an alkie (aren't we all) and get SAD every year. It affects me in that I can't sleep at night, find it hard to get out of bed in the morning, low mood and difficulty making decisions and focusing.

I have heard alcoholics and people who suffer from addictions are more prone to SAD because they are more vulnerable to low moods (and perhaps not working through them as well).

I use a goLITE, manufactured by an american company - Apollo Health Inc. It uses Blue Wave technology - which I find convenient as you dont have to use it for as long (think 15mins a morning instead of 30.) It helps tremendously, after 3 days use.

I'm AF about 15 months and the effects of SAD are more noticible when I am 'clear headed'.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wildflower.
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Depression and lighting

Bump up for Halo....regarding Seasonal Affective Disorder.
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
            X