Day 4 for Tipplerette-Came Close Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my first potential blip last night while preparing dinner. After the strong craving passed, dinner was served and then I entertained friends for the rest of the evening. I managed to sip my tea while they drank beer. I was the only woman; me with three beer guzzling guys talking French about boy-toys. On another night I would have been slurping that wine to beat the band just to try to fit in. Instead I made us all a snack, enjoyed the resulting compliments, cleaned up the kitchen and eventually even got them talking English just using my sober charm and sense of humour LOL.

Day 4 today and here's what I learned from last night:

1. If a crazy craving comes on like the one that says "I am definitely having a glass of wine." you should ride it out for a while and postpone the drinking. It worked last night as the next craving wasn't quite as adamant.

2. I can have a BLAST sober. I was able to actually break through social barriers that I have found insurmountable in the past. If I can get three Quebecois men to not only change the subject but change the language spoken to mine, I can certainly enjoy myself at a mixed party with music. So, there goes that excuse.

So, t'was a good thing I had those strong cravings and that I was stuck in a house without my wine drinking lady friends to chat with.

Tonight, baby granddaughter is bringing her parents here for a sleepover. This granny will be sober even though daughter-in-law will be a major wine pusher. Can't wait. Lamb stew is in the slow cooker. Gotta run. Want to get the breadmaker to do it's thing.

Sober life is fantastic.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Well done tipplerette on beating last nights cravings and temptations, But do you have to be around people or family who are drinking as imo its makes it so much harder and i certainly could or would not have done it in my earliest days.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Tipplerette;1252527 wrote: Had my first potential blip last night while preparing dinner. After the strong craving passed, dinner was served and then I entertained friends for the rest of the evening. I managed to sip my tea while they drank beer. I was the only woman; me with three beer guzzling guys talking French about boy-toys. On another night I would have been slurping that wine to beat the band just to try to fit in. Instead I made us all a snack, enjoyed the resulting compliments, cleaned up the kitchen and eventually even got them talking English just using my sober charm and sense of humour LOL.

Day 4 today and here's what I learned from last night:

1. If a crazy craving comes on like the one that says "I am definitely having a glass of wine." you should ride it out for a while and postpone the drinking. It worked last night as the next craving wasn't quite as adamant.

2. I can have a BLAST sober. I was able to actually break through social barriers that I have found insurmountable in the past. If I can get three Quebecois men to not only change the subject but change the language spoken to mine, I can certainly enjoy myself at a mixed party with music. So, there goes that excuse.

So, t'was a good thing I had those strong cravings and that I was stuck in a house without my wine drinking lady friends to chat with.

Tonight, baby granddaughter is bringing her parents here for a sleepover. This granny will be sober even though daughter-in-law will be a major wine pusher. Can't wait. Lamb stew is in the slow cooker. Gotta run. Want to get the breadmaker to do it's thing.

Sober life is fantastic.
      Well done! Sober life is fantastic. I had a sober night myself. I went out for a couple of waters and a pop because I made the deans list again. While there I had a bad crave for a beer when I saw a bottle of what used to be my favorite beer. But the craving passed and I left not long afterwords patting my back. I just thought of a hangover and then poof didn't want to drink anymore (that and thinking about what I would tell you guys in the morning, I pictured myself on here posting on my slip like I actually had slipped). Sober life is too fantastic to ruin.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

mario;1252532 wrote: Well done tipplerette on beating last nights cravings and temptations, But do you have to be around people or family who are drinking as imo its makes it so much harder and i certainly could or would not have done it in my earliest days.
        Everyone here drinks. The men drink beer and the women drink red wine. I try to push the tea but they just laugh at me. We have rekindled a relationship with a great couple who have been abstinent since Christmas. They are often around so I am not alone all the time in my sobriety. I have to face wine at home too with the wine rack and the homemade wine around. It's one of the few things I have going against me. i have lots going for me, though. I have learned so much since coming to MWO. You have been a huge help Mario. I read every thread you start because it's bound to be reflective of what I am dealing with... thanks for that.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1252546 wrote: Well done! Sober life is fantastic. I had a sober night myself. I went out for a couple of waters and a pop because I made the deans list again. While there I had a bad crave for a beer when I saw a bottle of what used to be my favorite beer. But the craving passed and I left not long afterwords patting my back. I just thought of a hangover and then poof didn't want to drink anymore (that and thinking about what I would tell you guys in the morning, I pictured myself on here posting on my slip like I actually had slipped). Sober life is too fantastic to ruin.
          Hey Alison, Congratulations on making the dean's list. You should be very proud of yourself. Letting the craving pass or riding the craving is the key, eh.. I, actually, pictured myself coming on here with my tail between my legs or, worse still, as promised never coming back.

It feels good to finally get it. Good for skipping that beer.. Power to Us.
          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Nice going Tipper, going on a ripper is easy, skipping that beer must feel pretty good right now. Carry on I hope for an AF March myself, well see.

Good for you, B_45

Comment

Tonight, my DIL actually poured me a glass of red wine and plopped it right beside me... without asking me first. I smiled and said thanks and when she went in the other room I gave it to hubby who wanted to have a glass and poured myself cherry juice & club soda in a wine glass. That kept her off my back. We had a nice dinner and then she made herself a bloody caesar (bloody mary with clamatto juice). She made me a virgin one and it was delicious. So Day 4 has been a success with no cravings. It's 8:30 pm and they are putting baby to bed and we may go in the hot tub. I feel so peaceful in my decision not to drink. Good night.
              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Stay the course Tipper

Comment

Hats off, Ms Tippy Well done!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X