Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whent to a Nightclub Last night while sober.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The night started out in a bar. At around 12pm we went to a nightclub, its been a long time since I was in one while sober and it was very strange. Some people there were really angry, one really drunk guy was not to happy about me drinking coke, he comes up to me and really aggressively barked ''still drinking coke'' I just smiled back and that only annoyed him even more. :H

Got into an argument with a really drunk girl later that night when she accused me of ''eyeballing'' her whatever that means, again I just smiled and walked off. It was like all the angry drunk people were using some kind of radar to zone in on me. Still had a good night and only drank coke zero the whole night.

Do you guys bother with Nightclubs anymore or still go to them?

Good for you Tom! Don't you think it is amazing to see the way that we were? Maybe not quite as You or I were - but isn't it good to know that you will wake up with no hangover and feeling good the next day? Well done on going to a nightclub and not drinking. I hope some of the guys can come along and give you some info on what they do these days - I can't help there!! But I think you did really well!

Sun
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I only go to nightclubs if its after a wedding or something similar, couldn't be bothered really and I have found my tolerance for people who are drunk has very much diminished as It brings back the memories of what an a...whole i was ;-(

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Same here Tom, no interest in being in the company of people who are off their faces. It is uncomfortable and embarrassing when I remember how I was, thats the bits I can remember of course, cringe. While I would still occasionally find myself out there or in a crowd in a pub, hearing the same story repeated four times during the night by the same drunk person quickly loses its appeal.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

We are not going to bars anymore but would not say no as i am so isolated here at the cottage that if the friends wanted to go to the moon, I would tag along. Those situations can be challenging drink-wise, that is, until you start to see the actions of the drinkers. Then it is so obvious why I don't drink.

Good for you for sticking to coke. It's no one's business but yours.

Stay strong.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tom Smith;1252912 wrote: It was like all the angry drunk people were using some kind of radar to zone in on me.

That sounds like a scene out of a sci-fi. The collective, in their element, ever on the lookout for an outsider disguised as one of them. They can sense something different about "that" one. He looks okay in passing, but he doesn't smell quite right. He smells clean with no hint of booze breath. His eyes are wee bit too clear. His skin is not flushed and his coordination is just a little TOO good. One by one they realize, "He has not been assimilated!
            " :shocked:

I'm glad you enjoyed the evening despite the aggressive drunks.
            Ginger

You are here:
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X