Focus on Fitness/More AF Days in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright ~ new month, new goals? My goal this month is to be AF on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Should I obtain that goal and drink every allowable day, it will total 17 AF days for Feb. It would be great if I do even better than 17, but at least 17 is better than last month.

My wt loss goal is to get in the 113's. This a.m. 114.6. Sounds like so little but the closer you get to goal wt the tougher it is.

Anyone joining me?

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

I am with you ToMyHealth. My current weight is 127. My goal for the end of February is to be down to 122 or so. I would like to be A/F for the most part. I have been A/F for the past week plus and would like to continue the pattern although if a glass passes my lips I won't be too hard on myself. It's the past pattern of glass after glass I want to stay away from. I plan on continuing to walk using my snow shoes in the bush behind our cottage and to bounce on the rebounder daily. I want to use my juicer more regularly and to live a concious life in the NOW.

Look out February, here we come.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Very inspirational to read - Tip and TMH!

My goals -
      Not go over 1.5 drinks any night.
      Get back to my regular eating plan (stop the comfort eating!)
      No wheat, really really limit sugar. Count calories. (my fitness plan app is good for that)
      work out 2x a week, until my schedule gets lighter, then more!
      happy february gang!

Comment

Hi modders,
        I have been the in-house plumber the last two days so have been very busy breaking the pipes to get on here much. We live in a 111 year old renovated farm house. When we try to fix something, another thing breaks. So long story short...I have to call a plumber tomorrow.
        :bang
        Well, my goals are pretty much the same for Feb. AF M-F and no more than 2 glasses of wine Sat and Sun. I have now lost 4.6 lbs. I will continue to keep my calories around 1500 and exercise daily with 2 a days M-F. After I reach 125 I will then consider losing more. Ultimate goal weight 120. But I know that is going to be almost impossible for me.
        I still haven't figured out how I am not going to blow all of my hard work on my vaca next week. I really don't want to gain any weight but it's so hard when you are not in your own element and have to eat out all of the time. Plus I really don't want to drink all that much either.
        Welcome Tipp. And good luck to all with their Feb goals. Where are you B-45?
        "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

First of Feb big success. Ran/walked 4 miles, did Rock Hard Abs & Buns DVD and AF.

Wecome, Tip. I have followed your threads. I used to run on snowshoes - great exercise. I used to juice also. My dd bought it for me when I was going thru chemo (long time ago). We should get it out again. Pain to clean those suckers though, don't you think? You have a strong Feb goal - good for you.

Lila - so glad to see you with us!

MM - you may end up eating more and/or differently on vaca but you also will be able to move more, right? And outdoors. Bet you will do just fine.

Feb AF 1
          TMH

Comment

I'm out here and heading up to the beach for a run or walk, good luck to everyone this month, last month was a good start. Congrats!

Comment

Hey Gang,
              I love the movie Groundhog Day because the character has to keep repeating the day over and over as he keeps learning from his mistakes. He is always given the opportunity of a new day and he gets better and better until he gets it right and doesn't have to repeat the day anymore. My goal set on Feb. 2, Groundhog day is to embrace my finally getting it :wd: and getting out of the cycle of the same mistakes over and over again.

My goal: Never another hangover again!
              Knowing my triggers and not making the same mistakes that get me into trouble when I go over my self imposed limits.
              Checking in here to keep getting the support I need to stay on track.
              I will follow the NIAAA standards of no more than 7 drinks in a week and no more than 4 nights a week.
              :lEve11 :wings:
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Sounds like a great plan Eve.

I don't know if I will get back on here before I leave for my vaca on Monday, so have a great week everyone and good luck on your goals. As of today, I have succeeded in getting down to my goal weight for my vaca. Now only 1.8lbs to go. I am hoping to keep my calories to a minimum while on vaca and just try to maintain and make smart food choices. I think I can do it. Take care all.

TMH, what's up with the weather down in Key West. It looks like it is going to be mostly cloudy the whole time we will be there with rain chances daily. Just great. Our last vacation was in New York last year to see the US Open Tennis Championship and it rained for two straight days and we didn't get to see one match. I don't think we are very lucky when it comes to taking vacations. Oh well. We will try to make the best of it.
                MM
                "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Hi folks! Been busy. Have worked out everyday & played golf the last 3 days; today was only 18 holes, no extra walks, etc. Went over my limit last night on the wine; good news is tonite with a crab & salad dinner I just had 1 glass.

Hey, Eve, so nice to have you join us on this c/i. Great goals. Mine are about the same - the 4 days a week but I will allow 9 for the week rather than 7. Isn't there another establishment that endorses the 9/week? I'm not sure if I've ever seen Groundhog Day. Should get it on Comcast Demand or Netflix.

MM - gosh, I hope you have good weather on your vaca! It has been a little cooler but in my part of FL anyday that has rain is minimal. Today while playing golf it sprinkled for maybe 3 min. The last 2 Fridays have been overcast. My son is coming with his 2 boys this week so want good weather for them too. Hope you have a fabulous vacation!

B-45 - Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday!

Lila - hope things have slowed down a bit for you. We're gearing up for couple families visiting this month. Both groups are staying no more than 5 days so it will go fast. Thought of you the other day when I was looking at lemon & lime trees. Told dh I'd like a lime tree for Valentine's Day - he wasn't overly enthused. Did hear from ladies group that lime trees attract palm rats. Need to google and see if that is true. If so, I'd keep it in unit that is the 2nd story one.

Feb AF 2
                  TMH

Comment

ToMyHealth;1255903 wrote: Mine are about the same - the 4 days a week but I will allow 9 for the week rather than 7. Isn't there another establishment that endorses the 9/week? I'm not sure if I've ever seen Groundhog Day. Should get it on Comcast Demand or Netflix.
                    TMH,
                    Yes you are right about the 9 days. Moderation Management endorses that one for women whereas NIAAA says 7 days. I was talking to a friend today who is AF and said in her drinking days she was drinking 7-9 glasses every night so we modders need to be proud when we can manage harm reduction by having what is considered a "normal" amount of AL per week.:wd:

Re: Groundhog Day, it's an old movie with Bill Murray and it is SO worth renting on netflix or however you can get it. Just the best message and so cute how it is done.

Great activity goals for everyone. I have a gym membership and am fairly good but not real good at getting there so I will use this group to help me with that too!

Well, my week-end nights are a done deal with drinking and I did meet my goals of no more than 2. Super Bowl Sunday leaves me perplexed with what I will do. Thinking I may buy some near beers or Arnold Palmer and be AF even if others drink. We'll see how it goes but usually don't like to drink the night before work.

:l
                    Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

TMH, palm rats?? sounds so exotic and tropical!
                      MM, good! I was losing weight and got off track. Am proud of you!
                      B-45, beach sounds lovely. And hard, walking in the sand, that is a workout!
                      Eve, sounds good! You can do it!
                      I worked out today. And I have my exercise class tomorrow. So I am at 2x a week. Could be more, but really makes a difference.

Comment

Hi guys! Felt good today, got up at 5:00a, church, walked 3 miles, cleaned including a pantry and cupboard & frig - all of which have been bugging me. Had a nice long talk with my son this afternoon. He & boys are arriving on Thurs. I made some grocery inquiries, asking what % milk the boys like now and then went to his favorite adult beverage. He said 0, has given up alcohol. He has in the past for a long period, then started again. He says he doesn't know if he has a problem but doesn't want to wait to find out. Evidently, his beer consumage got up to where he was uncomfortable with it so he just quit. I told him we would support that, are moderating and choose to drink some days.

No Super Bowl party for us, we have to think hard about who is playing. I guess it's on now but.........
                        Have company again tomorrow, this time to play golf. I have decided to go ahead and go to Bible Study, then join dh and him on the back 9. That's a win-win.

Here's to the 2nd week in Feb!

Feb AF 3
                        TMH

Comment

Lila;1256666 wrote: TMH, palm rats?? sounds so exotic and tropical!
                          MM, good! I was losing weight and got off track. Am proud of you!
                          B-45, beach sounds lovely. And hard, walking in the sand, that is a workout!
                          Eve, sounds good! You can do it!
                          I worked out today. And I have my exercise class tomorrow. So I am at 2x a week. Could be more, but really makes a difference.
                          The beach is lovely as you would say Lila. If you Google up "Seal Beach 10-K" you will see the area my brother and I run, it's actually a very easy flat course thru a great little area where you will get to know everyone quickly. Lot of walkers, runners, bike riders, and 4 Irish bars within about 200 yards of each other. Kind of miss that part. I won't lie, pint of ale at Hennessy's used to be a regular part of my workout.

Be Well, B-45

Comment

Well, this week hasn't been as good. Monday I learned ex DIL is threatening grandboys cannot come visit us. She claims son had to give her 30 day notice. That's true for vacation request, this is his normal weekend time with kids and does not infringe upon her custody time. So keep your fingers crossed she doesn't screw things up. Monday I played 9 holes of golf, walked 2.5 miles, did some segments of exercise DVD, but then I did have a couple drinks while we were contemplating whether to intervene. Have to work on being upset not equaling drinking on a non-drinking day.

Yest played 9 holes of golf. Today I haven't done much, donated items to our church for the Thrift Store, will make weekly phone call to dd, then I need to get outside & move this body. I will not drink tonite.

B-45 running on the beach sure builds those calves. How was Super Bowl day?

How's everyone else doing? Thought of MM this a.m. when it was cloudy but it's sure bright sunshine now. Hope she's getting it too.

Feb AF 3
                            TMH

Comment

HI TMH,
                              I hate it when exes use the children as pawns but think I hate it even more when they punish the grandparents :-( Hope things work out for you.

I love it when we can start to see our triggers. Yes, it is easy to want to have a drink because we feel angry isn't it? I've had a very good Feb. so far sticking to my goals. My pattern has been consistent with having an "over my self imposed limit" at least once every month, so I am really trying to work this mod program so that I can feel it's successful for me.

Haven't heard from Rebirth for a while. Hope she's well. So many friends that pop in and out, Ask where are you? Lila, how are things going for you? Hope MM is having a relaxing vaca. A couple of newbies I haven't addressed so hello and keep posting everyone so we can all keep each other strong.

:l
                              Eve11

Comment

Working...
                              X