ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Well....the pub by the office was hopping this evening, and I was feeling bad. The guy I called drunk once upon a time is still in my office for some reason. His presence reminds me of being an idiot.
    So too bad-that's the way it goes. Can't always escape the past! I drove on to the grocery store and got healthy food and came home.
    Drinking certainly will change nothing, except my sense of well-being. What that guy thinks of me has no bearing on anything.
    I will hold my head up and go about my business knowing that I am OK.

Thanks everyone for being here. At the risk of sounding like Charlie Sheen-I am winning

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Good for you Ann! Who cares what he thinks. He doesn't put the toothpaste on your brush each day. He really knows nothing about who you are or what makes you tick. I'm absolutely certain he has things in his life that he is embarrassed about. None of us are perfect or live in glass houses! What you did this evening was focus on your well being and didn't let feeling bad, turn into doing bad! You should hold your head up girl, you're great AND doing great!!!

Hugs, Amanda.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Well done Ann, you deserve a pat on the back and a chocolate.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Good girl!!! Yup, it's one day at a time, and that's all we can do! Proud of you!!!!

:lTDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Ann... Way to go....

Shiner

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Very well done Ann. I tend to let what others think of me get to me. You're so smart for being able to ignore the asshole!

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

:goodjob:
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Ann, he may not even be thinking of what you think he's thinking. Sometimes what we have on our minds comes up because of all our baggage. If you were to ask him (which of course you wouldn't) he'd reply "say wha?"

Cheer up!
                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Hey guys

Thanks for the support! He left today and I did chat
                  with him and confirmed that I don't give a rats
                  ass what he thinks of me.lol
                  A bunch of people went to a restaurant this evening
                  and I met them there, starving and sock of eating
                  salads. Got there, ordered water, water never came
                  So I left and I'm alone like i like it at my favorite
                  Asian place.
                  I am an introvert after all. The social glue was alcohol
                  I love peace and quiet

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Ann, I enjoy being alone too. I think we're lucky.

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Hey Unwasted

Yeah I guess we are lucky. Now I'm just home lounging having ice cream.
                      Instead of questioning what I'm doing in sobriety, "should" I be doing more, or less, or what? Hell-it's not brain surgery. I'm doing whatever I feel like doing, along with healthy stuff.
                      It just happens to be a fact that I am a different person now. Socializing does not interest me much. So what? Gotta quit second-guessing myself. All the people who were out this evening are nice people, but really besides work we don't have that much in common-having eliminated drinking.
                      BF is back in town and he is delightful so all is well.

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Ann, I agree. Sometimes I think we make not drinking more complicated than it has to be -- we overthink it? Anyway, I can really relate to the fact that a lot of what I had in common with others was simply drinking. And now that's gone, and there's no common thread. Oh well, at least when one enjoys being alone they're always in a good place......that is, not depending on others for our happiness is a strength since we always wake up with ourselves! So, you have a BF? I don't think I've heard him mentioned. Does he drink? Sounds like he's a good support!

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Good for you, Ann. I think Unwasted is right. If you enjoy your own company, you are lucky.
                          Ginger

You are here:
                          sigpic

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Good on you Ann.

I'm rooting for you.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ONE DAMN DAY AT A TIME

Ann and Unwasted,

I enjoy being alone, too, but am made to feel like there's something wrong with me because I'm like that. We all read and hear where it's important to have a social network, but I'm quite happy reading, watching tv, or being alone with my thoughts.

I, too, constantly worry about what others are thinking of me. I'm still fretting about night before last when I was with old friends and expressed a few opinions about what I considered to be bad manners in today's society. They didn't agree, and I got that look, and it's still niggling away at me. Silly.

Oh, and it's Day 1 again....Worried about DH's reaction to last night. AL gives me courage to say things I'm "not allowed" to say when I'm sober. Nothing ugly, just brought up the usual relationship issues.

Have a good weekend.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                              X