Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 2nd February

Morning folks!

Another cold one today. Minus 3C and feels like -8C. Brrrrrr. Just had a hot spicy veggie stir fry and planning to head outside in a minute. Probably be back indoors within another minute cos it's that cold! :upset:

It's bound to be busy in the early stages of your new job tabbers, but if things get too hectic remember you've only got to make it through to tomorrow evening and then the weekend will be here.

How did you get on at SW the other night, Jackie? No surprise visitors overnight, I hope? Got any of those all butter croissants and Austrian smoked cheese left? rettplease:

I imagine wob might be getting some more gritting tonight, oney. Not sure whether (weather) that's good or not!

How did the appointment with the doc go zenners? Did he/she remember you from before?

Got the usual Thursday appointment with my alcohol worker this afternoon. He must be sick of the sight of me by now. :upset:

Army Thread 2nd February

Good morning Reccie and all to come

Have a happy Thursday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Morning Mr T, and a happy Thursday to you, too.

Bacinabit.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Morning Reccie and Tips
        -6C. I'm spending as much time as possible indoors today.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Zenners:l
          Just read on BBC-Health "Many top-class atheletes often have low blood pressure and a slow pulse" so maybe it's a good thing? You do go see Jim quite a bit.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Night zenners and morning expatty!

Been out for my usual walk and I can confirm it's absolutely freezing out there. The coldest part of me was my legs. A pair of thick denim jeans doesn't really provide adequate protection in this kind of weather. Going to have to google winter trousers or something.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Good morning, Reccie, Tips, Expat & Zen and whoever I am currently xposting with.

Recluse;1254610 wrote: Got the usual Thursday appointment with my alcohol worker this afternoon. He must be sick of the sight of me by now. :upset:
              Au contraire young man, I would imagine he is absolutely delighted with your progress.

Recluse;1254629 wrote:
              Night zenners and morning expatty!

Been out for my usual walk and I can confirm it's absolutely freezing out there. The coldest part of me was my legs. A pair of thick denim jeans doesn't really provide adequate protection in this kind of weather. Going to have to google winter trousers or something.
              Try some thermal long johns Reccie, I used to wear them on the motorbikes in the really cold weather. Ok ladies we can hear yis sniggering back there you know.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Morning ktabs

Thermal long johns are definitely an interesting idea...thanks! I shall investigate.

How're you feeling about work today?

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Grand ta and literally running out the door byeeeeeeeeeeeee.............................
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Bye....have a good day.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Thermal long johns are a good idea! I've just got back from walking my son to school. My face is numb. But I did have my thermal long johns on under my jeans. It was actually -9C and the wind is cutting. On a positive note-I don't have to spend much time outside today and my flat is toasty warm. For that, I am thankful.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Blimey, expatty, it's even colder where you are than it is here! Stay indoors if you can! I'm heading for a hot bath to warm my bones up.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Have a nice bath Reccie!:l
                          I do have to head out again-for only one class. Wish I didn't have to go at all but it's too late to cancel and I need every euro I can get.
                          I'll be back home around lunch time and plan to feast on something fattening and yummy. Under the duvet while watching a dvd. That lovely thought is the only thing that's giving me the courage to leave the house.:H
                          Have a positive day Army! Back soon! x

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Hi All.

Just written a longish post and lost it by tryint to read back!

Cold day here also Reccie I wear Paramo trousers--expensive but last years and keep me cosy,warm and dry here in the hills and over in Norway at minus 15.

Well done Zen on your athletic bp and pulse

Brr Expat

Hiya Mr Tigger send us some warmth please

Have a great working day Tabbers

Reccie I bet your Al worker loves you.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd February

Reccie, you are doing feckin fantastic, the sense of achievement you must be feeling is wonderful.

Yes Wob was out at 4 this morn and will be back out tonight, we are very very very grateful for the overtime.

I have my little car back thank God, missed her so much!

Zebbers, nice one on the fine tests, don't worry too much about the BP.

I need to go and get my cholesterol checked as my diet is so shite, I am sure it must be too high.

Morning to everyone else!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X