Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scandinavian says hello! More than one month AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I hope you all are doing good! Today I have been AF for about five weeks or so, and its saturday evening here in Scandinavia. Most of my friends are at the pub/club, and I will join in in a few hours.

I have of course taken my Antabuse, so I can relax and try to have a good time without thinking about whether or not to drink

Physically I am feeling great! I burst with energy during workouts, and I have lots of focus and motivation. I look and feel much stronger and better.

Mentally I have to remind myself every morning how good it is to wake up and not be hung over. My life if so much better when I start each day feeling good.

Work is going great! And thats one of the reasons why I quit drinking really.

Also I don't have constand bad conciousness because I have slept too myuch, skimped at work, spent to much money, destroyed my body etc etc which excessive alcohole abuse caused.

Every day I get more confident that I will stay AF all of 2012. I will drink in 2013. How much and how often I have not decided.

Anyway, thanks once again for the support I got from the people on this forum! I wish you all the best!

WTG SCABDUBAVIAN! I went out last night for a few hours and I have not 1 but 2 parties to go to tonight. Best part of not drinking is not leaving place 1 or 2 drunk and making an arse out of myself. I will not drink tonight.

37 weeks af!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

HAHA! From now on I shall go by the name of "SCAB-DU-BAVIAN"! Or "SCAB-DU-BABOON" amongst friends

And Drifty: Congrats on 37 weeks! Do you plan on never drinking again?

Comment

Way to go!!! Thats an amazing achievement keep it up

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1772171=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thank you Nelz! BTW I ride an R6 myself! Another fun thing to do when sober!

Comment

Scandinavian;1255877 wrote: Thank you Nelz! BTW I ride an R6 myself! Another fun thing to do when sober!
            Right on! This is where I ride, and where my money goes now instead of drinking....and I learned how to edit my own movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIzxHWk2Fw[/video]]Nelso HPT - YouTube
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

great, Scandinavian. You're doing this for you, seeing the great results, and that always helps us stay on the right path. Keep us updated!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Nelz: Nice video! Seems like you get your knees down pretty good. I had a CBR some years ago, and I have to say its much more versatile than my current R6 ('08), which is a bit rough on the joints for longer rides. I think I'll buy a motard next time. A XT660 X or something like that.

Ruby: Thank you! I have very little cravings, and I am harvesting all the good that comes from being sober.

Comment

Very well done.

keep up the amazing work.

Much love Flossie xx
                  Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Good for you Scandinavian. Your post bubbles with energy and joy.

I have of course taken my Antabuse, so I can relax and try to have a good time without thinking about whether or not to drink
                    That is neat. I'm hopping on the antabuse train later this week.

I love what you said about not suffering from a guilty conscience due to drinking.

You are doing great! Please keep posting updates.
                    Ginger

You are here:
                    sigpic

Comment

I am planning on never drinking again. Tried Moderation, and was ok until my favorite hangout had a small fire and then I threw moderation out the window.

Sorry for the typo and thanks.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Well done Scandinavian, keep up the great work.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Flossie, Mario and Ginger: Tnx!

I am still keeping it AF and feeling very confident (partially due to Antabuse). However, I am going abroad for more than a week, and I dont want to take some pills trough the customs. I'm going to take double dose just before I leave so I guess it will be ok, but I am a bit scared that one of the last days I will try to drink and it will feel good, and I will continue as I get home.

Anyone got any tips? I know I can take the pills as long as I have the RX, but I don't like customs and don't want to get trough there with as little stress as possible.

Comment

well done, a great achievement
                            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

cat: Thanks!

I just got home from the pub now. I actually had a really good time! The first 5 minutes or so I felt very self concious and awkward, but it got better and better, and at the end I was really enjoying myself. Of course in another way than when I drank, but it was definetly a fun evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X