FIGHTING GIANTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIGHTING GIANTS

We all have a giant we are fighting here. This is from the mouth of a babe.
    Lets Put this weapon in our tool box.
    Nancy

Fighting Giants

One night, my wife and I were putting our son down for bed. We asked him, "What would you like for us to read tonight?" Since he was only two years old, we didn't expect a response. But he replied, "David."
    With surprised looks on our faces, we opened up his toddlers' Bible to the story of David and Goliath. As we read, Caleb watched closely and listened carefully.
    Afterwards, we crawled up into bed to say our prayers. Before we could start, Caleb sat up and said, "Daddy, I fight the giant."
    I responded, "Okay," and placed my hand on his head praying, "Lord, I pray that you would strengthen Caleb to fight any giants in his life by trusting you for strength and victory. Amen."
    Afterwards, Caleb paused, then looked at me and said, "Daddy, you fight the giant."
    I said, "Okay, but you need to pray for me." So, he put his hand on my head and mumbled something followed by a loud "Amen!"
    He sat there staring at me with a puzzled expression on his face. I could sense his little mind pondering this business of fighting giants. Then, he said, "Daddy, we fight the giant."
    There is so much truth in the words of children. I realized that so many times in our life, we try to "fight the giant" by ourselves. Or, we call upon our Father to "fight the giant" for us.
    Instead, we should look up to our Father and say, "Daddy, we fight the giant."
    As Moses encouraged Joshua, "Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you" (Deuteronomy 3:22).
    Together with our Father, we can overcome any giant in our life.
    Prayer: Father, there are so many problems that hover over my life, threatening to destroy the peace and conquer the freedom I have in you. I know that you do not intend for me to fight these battles on my own. Fight with me, Lord. Fight for me, and allow me to feel the sweep of your mighty sword against the enemy on my behalf. Blessings!
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

FIGHTING GIANTS

Amen.

Comment

Working...
    X