My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

:new: I'm a wife and mother of 3. Before I met my husband 14 years ago, I never had a drink in my life. My parents were very religious and thats how I was raised. When I met my husband he had already been drinking for 11 years, he was 26 when I met him. I had my first sip of a wine cooler with him and I was hooked. I was 20 years old then. I couldn't even wait for my 21st birthday so I can go in the liquor store and buy drinks. I think that was the most exciting thing of my life at the time, outside of boys. I dranked everyday for about 10 years and lots of whatever it was that was out to drink. I ended up leaving my church and not communicating with my family for a long time. My first child was born in 93 . I got mad at him as a baby because he interrupted my drinking time. When I think about it 5 years down the line I started getting depressed and didn't know why. In between that time I had 2 abortions and lost quite a few jobs. I was blacking out breaking things in the apartment getting into more fights with my husband, my sex life was going down the tubes because I was always too tired to do anything or I would argue with my husband. The drinking went on for another 4 or 5 years everyday until I had my daughter in 2001.
    I slowed down a little but not enough. I found myself extremely down in the dumps and I was looked forward to having a drink to cheer me up. I was waking up so sick sometimes throwing up all day and laying down all day neglecting my 2 children. My older won would have to watch my daughter because I was too sick to move. My husband didn't care because he had done this most of his life already.At the end of 2005 I decided I would stop drinking. I went back to church and everything. I did that until November of 2006 only because I was pregnant with my 3rd child, anothe boy. After the stress of going back to work and leaving my little one after only one month of maternity leave because of serious financial problems and martial problems I wanted another drink so bad I could taste it. I haven't been back to church and my family is sick of hearing my problems. I woke up this morning emailing my sister and brother apologizing to them and told them I was back to drinking. I felt horrible this morning. I hate drinking. I even woke up hating my husband. I just thought this is all we do. Eat, sleep, work and drink. I got scared of my life all of a sudden. I'm 35 years old and I haven't did anything with my life and I look like I'm 60. So I decided to take it upon myself to find a place online someplace where I could talk to someone. I googled alcohol anonymous and I came across this site and here I am.

My Story

Batrom
    I am so, so, so happy you are here. I am also a mother of three children who are very young. 2 boys and 1 girl. My drinking is getting under control now. I still have my ups and downs.
    This is the best place to start. Everyone is so supportive and willing to help you through all the ups and downs. No one judges or criticizes. Just accepts and supports. Please stay on board. Keep reading...KEEP TALKING, KEEP POSTING

NP
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My Story

Batrom, you sound like you are in a bad place and I hope you will get a lot out of having found this site. You sound like you really want to make a change for the better and we are here to help if we can....wanting to make a change is the first huge step.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My Story

Batrom
        Where are you?
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My Story

Welcome Batrom. I am so glad you found us. You do sound like you are in a bad place, but possibly a good one for realizing the madness needs to end! I too, am a mom of a daughter who will be 2 in May. My husband and I met on a drinking binge, and other than my pregnancy we lived a very simular life to yours. Working, drinking, sleeping, fighting, etc, etc...

I went back to work 8 days after I had my daughter. It was INSANE, but I had the financial and work pressures to deal with. After a month, I filed for short term disability, and then went back to work a month later due to the pressure again. Well by this time I was in Post Partum Depression big time, and was drinking excessively night after night.... which just made things worse for me emotionally and physically. My hubby's dad's girlfriend was tending to our daughter, charging us a fortune, and I would sit at my desk and cry, because I felt I needed to be the one looking after her..... anyhoo.. I was calling in sick at least twice a week and was eventually let go from my job. (I did see a lawyer, as I am entitled here in Canada to take a complete year off - but I was too depressed and drunk to follow it through).

I so feel for you, and I understand in some ways what you are going through. Please keep visiting here, reading and posting, and asking whatever questions you may have. Without this place I would not be AF today. I managed about 16 days in December (when I first stumbled upon here - but then came the holidays), and I am currently finishing up my 16th day AF and am more determined than ever to stay AF.

You have found a good place. Lots of love and support will be handed to you. I wish you peace, and clarity.

Comment

My Story

Maybe you and I can work together. I'm new - and want to quit!

Comment

My Story

Hi Batrom & :welcome:

Well done for finding us, we will give you all the help and support that you need........

Love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :h
              sigpicXXX

Comment

My Story

Hi there! So glad you found this site.....you sound like me...I as looking for aa meetings and I stumbled as well to this site...what a blessing! I have been AF for 41 days now. I have 2 children and a husband (married 19 years) and pretty much had intervention for my alcohol abuse. I will lose my family unless I completely stop for the rest of my life. I cannot control myself with it. If I have just one I have to have 10 more! so no more for me. My family means everything....which I am sure yours does too...so you need to brush yourself off and get back and try to get yourself some help. We are here to listen!! Why don't you try aa....I am going to meetings now and trying to fix everything....maybe give that a try...there are lots of people there to listen! Good luck and god bless you!

Comment

My Story

Congrats to you shitzulover for your 41 days! And by the way...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Comment

My Story

Hello Batrom.
                    It's good to have you on goard. There are lots of people here in the same boat.
                    Welcome

Comment

My Story

welcome

Welcome Batrom
                      Hope to see you around more - like others have said - it sounds like you are coming from a tough place but you will find a lot of love and support here if you just let us help.
                      Where are you located?
                      Big hugs to you - you can do this!
                      Jen
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                      X