My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I really don't know if I have a story or not. All I know is that I drink to much, every day. Why, it makes me feel good. Not that I feel bad maybe overwhelmed in life.

Loving husband, three great kids, full time work, no support - family abroad.

I grew up in a tropical island. I sure had a lot of fun and kicked around in the sand a lot. Played in the dirt, sand, caught lots of bugs, snorkled, sailed and yes a dreamed alot. My parents are European and have moved back. I moved to the US when I was 19 and began my search for a career and received a bachelor's in Business. I am multi lingual, multi cultural and understand many cultures. I am caucasian on the outside but inside I am a melting pot. People think I have a lot of friend, I am very outgoing. I just don't let anyone get to close. I always tell everyone that I am busy. I have two very good friends thats all. I don't like girl get togethers or tea partys. I like to be with my family.

I met my husband when I was sixteen and we are still happily married. He doesn't drink the way I do, and yes he thinks I drink too much. My kids are great, they do good in school - to popular - and to much going on all the time - that adds to my stress.

I had a great career for 10 years and it got destroyed when I chose to stay at home to raise my kids for 5 years. We also moved to a small town. I do work full time now but it is not the same job I had when I got out of college. I think I feel sorry for myself.

I'm a perfectionist at heart, but don't always practice it. I always have to look great, have my house in order etc. etc. I sound like a desparate house cow.

Anyways, I try to please everyone but myself and don't know what it is I like to do anymore. It's like I don't exist, just an image of perfection. The joke is on me. If my parents new or my husband's parent new they would be shocked. We are the perfect little family to them.

The kids have learned to live with the fact that I drink - I hide it well. I carry on and my husband takes over. No fights, I just dissappear and go to bed.

I want to be myself again. Ambitious and alcohol free.

Sometimes I think I have a mental disorder. I shouldn't feel this way.

There has been alcoholism in my family. Not directly from my parents. but my mother's brother and father's brother. I believe to be cursed.

I wish I could go back to the days where I would have one or two "social" drinks.

Thanks to all of you that respond - I really want to try to get better.

My Story

Sorry for all the typos - I couldn't find spell check and didn't read what I wrote.

Comment

My Story

I understand you Emilie. Look at my profile. I also have three children and a full time job. Welcome and hope to see yu around.
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

My Story

Emilie, most of what you said struck a chord with me. I have very similar issues. I appreciate what it took for you to be so honest. I hope you stick around and get what you need out of this site. It is one good place!!!!!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My Story

Hi Emilie,

I've found this site so helpful, i hope you do too.

I really understand what you say about wanting to please everyone and not knowing what you want. I think it's a really common theme for people who drink too much.

I think it's so important to be able to work out what you want in life, and I think misuse of alcohol prevents us from doing that, because it keeps us stuck in guilt and shame and keeps us feeling unworthy.

Coming to the site will reassure you that you are worthy. You deserve a happy life and to reach your full potential.

Gem
          Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

My Story

Hi Emilie,
            Thanks for posting. I also have three children and wondered how I got to the point I did with drinking. I would too just disappear at night and my husband would take over putting the kids to bed etc. I became so disgusted and ashamed with my behavior that I couldn't take it anymore, so here I am.
            Glad you made it. Keep reading and posting. You are in the right place.

NP
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My Story

Hi Emilie & :welcome:

Yes that struck a chord with me too, good life, good job, lovely family .... etc ..

I never understood why I drank so much either, but finding this site is the best thing that I have ever done.

Hopefully you will find it the same.....

All best for you on your journey.

Love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :h
              sigpicXXX

Comment

My Story

Your story really hits home! You sound like my mirror image! I have two great kids and a husband of 19 years. I am the only on struggling with this beast! I had intervention from my husband....he told my parents...who thought my life was a bed of roses! NOT! I don't even know why I drink...just like the buzz I guess, but I cannot just have one...no way! I am now 41 days sober. I am getting along pretty good though! I guess I have no choice in the matter! AA meeting and this board really help me! Good luck to you! Keep posting...it helps!

Comment

My Story

Shitzulover
                  41 days is just amazing. You are simply amazing. Thanks for being here.

NP
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                  X