Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimun time between last AL and first Antabuse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on day 1 and starting on Antabuse. Does anyone know what the minimum time is between the last alcohol intake and the first dosage. Last drink for me as was about 10pm last night, my dosage is going to be 200mg straight up. It is now 11am ish, so it has been 13 hrs.

I am desperate to get this into my system ASAP and I do not know if I will make 48hrs AF if I have to wait that long

Mum - I make sure that I wait at least 12 hours. I have never had any problem. I also just looked it up on drugs.com (Antabuse Information from Drugs.com) and it said to wait at least 12 hours.
    Good luck & keep us posted. :l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My doctor told me 48 hours. Why don't you try taking a small part of the capsule and then wait a while and see if there are any bad effects. If not then take some more.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

I usually wait 12, then take 1/2 tab.

Comment

Every one unit (1oz hard liquor, 12oz beer) stays in your system 1 hour. If you had 10 drinks, it should be out of your system within 10 hours. If you feel uneasy about starting too soon, take it mid-afternoon (the day after drinking) and you should be fine...then take the next dose the following morning. Please remember I am not a Doctor (as my paycheck will reflect) and am only speaking from experience!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
          X