0.09 - 0.25 Excitement Emotional instability; loss of critical judgment
    Impairment of perception, memory and comprehension
    Decreased sensitory response; increased reaction time
    Reduced visual acuity; peripheral vision and glare recovery
    Sensory-motor incoordination; impaired balance
    Drowsiness
    0.18 - 0.30 Confusion Disorientation, mental confusion; dizziness
    Exaggerated emotional states
    Disturbances of vision and of perception of color, form, motion and dimensions
    Increased pain threshold
    Increased muscular incoordination; staggering gait; slurred speech
    Apathy, lethargy
    0.25 - 0.40 Stupor General inertia; approaching loss of motor functions
    Markedly decreased response to stimuli
    Marked muscular incoordination; inability to stand or walk
    Vomiting; incontinence
    Impaired consciousness; sleep or stupor
    0.35 - 0.50 Coma Complete unconsciousness
    Depressed or abolished reflexes
    Subnormal body temperature
    Incontinence
    Impairment of circulation and respiration
    Possible death
    0.45 + Death Death from respiratory arrest

I found this while surfing.....
    Most times I drink, I reach the 0.25 - 0.40 state
    Once or twice I believe that I have reached the second last stage....1 step from death.
    Scary stuff.

Levels of drunkenness

Oh God Pauly, me too.....somedays when i woke up and saw the evidence of the night before, I truly believe I am lucky to be alive...had a friend in England who didn't make it, ..........absolutely freaked the hell out of me...but unfortunately, never enough to stop me??????
    Reading this while AF though...REALLY makes me wonder why I ever did it??? While you're caught in the middle of it...warning after warning means buggar all to you...So scary...

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

Yep, I have gone on benders hard enough to be at .25. Not a pretty site. Yes, there were nites of clubbing I was literally carried home. Angels look over. That's all I can say.

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

Oh Paul,

Like you, Wee & Just H, I have been there ......... It's so scary.......

Even if I cant go abs my ultimate aim is never to be that person again.......

Thanks again soooo much, Paula xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

My body was so alcoholic yrs ago that one bender 7yrs ago when I wanted to to quit I went to the emergency room in the evening to detox safely & my BA was .45. I was talking, walking with no problems (I mean I was drunk but totally coherant). Remembered everything. The Dr. said I should have been in a coma if I were a "normal" person!

Yup~believe in those angels!

p.s. I went home the next morning. No one checked on me at all night. I wasn't hooked on any machines, no meds, no one came till 5 a.m. I laid in a cold emergency room, awake all night.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

after a party i decided to drive home it was only a few blocks away.well the cops got me and i blew .25.
            the stupid thing about all of that was when i stopped and parked and thot i safe at my own place---- i was in the wrong driveway,not

even my house.
            well that cost me $500 CAD plus i lost my liscense for 6 months but did it teach me to stop nope not until recently did i understand the really destructive power of alcohol.
            take care all

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

SeeBreaz is right. You could get in the .4 range and not die if you are a chronic alcoholic. When I got a DUI, I was .34. That was not the worst shape I've ever been in. In our DUI classes, the moderator was a former drunk. He said he worked in a hospital years ago, and one women actually had a .6. Nobody beleived him then, but I beleive it now, just on how much I could drink myself.
              where does this go?

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

you are loved

Comment

Levels of drunkenness

It's crazy how much some of us can drink. I'm reminded of a time when I was drinking with a police officer friend of mine who couldn't believe how much I was putting away without showing any visible signs of intoxication. He gave me a breathalyzer out of curiosity, and although I blew a .31, I passed all the standard police field sobriety tests (although I wasn't actually driving that night). Very scary.

Comment

Working...
                  X