Wednesday Jan. 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Jan. 17

Whew, you guys have been busy. Great to see all of the participation and support. Just dropping in to report my success so far: 7 weeks AF--pinch me please.

I posted last week over in Long Term Abs that ...”while in a gorgeous dinning setting the other night, I could hardly believe the words coming out of my mouth, when I heard myself saying, ‘No,… wine for the lady, soda and lemon slice for me’.” I returned last night from “NYC with the hotel's “refreshment” refrigerator room key unused.

Thank all of you for being here. It works.

Best,

Capto

Wednesday Jan. 17

Wednesday Jan. 17

Good Morning Everyone in Absville,

I hope this day greets you all with warmth and sunshine. Day 10 for me. Never in the last 15 years did I think I would go 10 straight days without a drink. Thinking of you all today. Off to gym!!! What has become of my life!!! No drinking, plus working out.
    xoxox,
    Abby

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi Abby,

23 AF for me. I know what you mean. I caught myself singing this morning and wondering when was the last time I was singing in the morning. I couldn't wait to get in to work and check up to see how every one did last night. Where's Paul?
      Have a great AF day everyone.

Birdman.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi abby and Birdman and all to come later....

Congratulations to both of you on your AF days..Isn't it great when you can start to see results from all the hard work you put in....As the days add up though it becomes less like hard work and more like a brand new start to your life, a fresh clean page just waiting for you to write something on it...wonder what that will be????

BTW Birdman, Paul has posted on the thread for Sun 14 Jan at about 6am this morning, so he is up an about, probably at work now....

Have a sober day..

Love from Louise xxx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Thanks Louise

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hey Louise, Birdman and Abbey1 and those after me,

wow, Abbey1, good for you!! You're my hero of the day with going AF and making it to the gym. I need to get back to the gym routine myself... I faltered over the holidays and haven't quite got back into the groove. Day 17 AF (consecutive). I really appreciate my new surge of patience and happy moods... I teach young children and find that not having regular hangovers is doing wonders to restore my enthusiasm and enjoyment! Really, the kids are a hoot and I am having so much fun these days. It's so great. I'm just so much better without alcohol in my life!!

Have a good one all, it's off to work for the afternoon !

take care, Olly

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Good morning Abby, Birdman, Oirish, Olly and all the extended family yet to come.
              Am starting on day 17 AF. Good for you and all your great effort.
              It's another brilliant day out there. My old house is cracking and creeking with the contractions of the old timbers in the 20 below C. weather we are having. We have @ 8 inches of snow and all is right with the world as it should be.
              I better get my butt into gear as I have lots to do. Wish you all a wonderful day and I'll catch you later.
              Love Lori.
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hey everyone, nice to see your chipper posts, day 5 for me, yup, never thought i would post that as i struggled through the first 12 days of the new year saying i would quit every day. Hope you all have a wonderful day, I woke up this morning at 4:30am and ran just under two miles on the treadmill, my face was sooooooooo red haha, but i felt soo good afterwards, and you know what, i also quit smoking when i quit drinking, the boyfriend and i quit smoking together and we both made it, strange thing is it was quite easy this time, maybe it is because i am so focused on not drinking i forget i was a smoker. well anyways enough about me, have a wonderful wednesday!!!!!!

P.S My office is really cold right now and everytime i plug in my heater it blows the circuit and all my stuff shuts off, urrr
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi, all - day 3 for me. I think I might just make it this time. Lovely to see everyone's upbeat and heartfelt posts.

Last week I made the proclamation that Monday was going to "be the day" to my husband, but I woke up with a b*tch of a hangover, not so sure. Posting and reading helped me through Monday, and yesterday was pretty easy - thank you all. I blew the dust of the hypno CDs and got going. This weekend is very busy with non-alcoholic events, so this will be a fairly easy weekend to get through.

Have a great day all.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hello all! Lots of great posts on this thread already today!

newgrl - too funny! Don't you just love power surges!?!?!

Day 19 for me. I cannot believe it either........ holy smokes!

Have a sober and great day everyone!

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi, Just Popping on to say Hi! to Abby, Birdman, Louise, Olly, Lori, Newgrl, and Paul on another thread.

Well, here's Day 2 for me. I found myself wanting to go buy cigarettes this morning!! Yeech! I guess there's a part of me that wants to be addicted to something to avoid those pesky old feelings. Anyway, I don't want to get back into somthing like smoking either--it was just a passing thought, but how curious! I'm not having any cravings per se, just I can say that I feel the pull of the habit, like, huh? What do I do with myself?? I don't think I ever really established new things for myself very well, and that put me at risk, and you all see the results of that.

Anyway, I have a break today, and I think I will go and buy some yarn to start a knitting project for the evenings. I'm usually too tired to do paperwork then, and it would be something for me to look forward to doing instead of drinking.

Oh, and Birdman, not all of us get to watch our men shovel the snow for us!! I'm divorced and have been for a long time! I have to shovel my own snow and mow my own lawn! But I still love the snow all the same.

Love to all and those still to come!
                      Hugs,

Kathy:l

Hi Barb and Accountable, we were posting at the same time! Good work, Barb! This may be your time, this time! And Accountable, you are doing great!
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

3 Weeks today

Congrats to everyone, so many people doing so well.
                        Day 21 for me - yep 3 whole weeks, can't begin to tell you how great I feel when I wake up every morning.
                        All the time I was drinking and full of self loathing, I had forgotten this positive, helpful, calm person that was trapped inside me. She is really fighting her way out now.
                        Stick with it Newgirl, the begining is the hardest.
                        Lots of best wishes to all
                        Changeling

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hey Kathy, how weird, I had cravings for the weed as well, about three weeks AF and I kept thinking how nice to have a cigarette, it has been seven and a half years since I last smoked so I have no intention of starting again!!!! Good luck with going Abs by the way, I personally think it is the best way to go, oh the feeling of relief not to have to make decisions anymore like, what time shall I have first drink, two glasses or three, will I/won't I drink tonight???...Now I just DON'T DRINK, end of story...Anyway good Luck....Take care,

Love Louise xxxx
                          A F F L..
                          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Mornin Absville!

It feels so good here today!
                            I love the sleep I get when I've not had a drink.

Scooter's birthday party was great. I can't believe my grandkids are growing up so fast. My own kids took much longer!

I've never had the smoking habit but I do have to have something in my hands, so I crochet blankets.
                            It is a healthy and useful way to fill the space left when we drop bad habits, I think.

:l to everyone here today....post or no.
                            :h Nancy
                            AF 15
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hello All
                              Day 21 for me and I'm having a great time.
                              I finally got some ooomph back at work. I thought all my get-up-and-go had got-up-and-went. It's good to see that you're all so positive. Anyone who isn't feeling to good....I hope you feel better soon.
                              Birdman...It's nice to be missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X