Abs is hard!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abs is hard!!!

Way to go lucky! You are doing fab. It is hard, and I too am fighting it along the way. I think your post is very valuable because as we get farther down the abs road we tend to get complacent. We need a reminder of why we are doing this. At least I did!!!! Thanks for that.

Abs is hard!!!

Lucky, you're my hero. Thanks for the inspiration.

Everything I have ever done in my life that is worthwhile has been hard. Hard doesn't mean unattainable - it just means hard.

Comment

Abs is hard!!!

Abs is hard!!!

I am on day 22 of abs. I am elated BUT IT IS HARD. I am on Campral too. Campral is a wonder drug and I would not be @ day 22 without it, but I don't want anyone to have false illusions. (Many are successful with abs without meds and that is fantastic also.) I have cravings almost daily. And they start early in the day, not just in the evenings. But I am fighting the cravings now. I used to let them get the best of me almost without thought. Seems like my car drove itself automatically to the wine store. It feels good to be in control now but it does require constant effort and vigilence. I say this because I want everyone to know it is hard but we all can fight, and we can win the battle. I look forward to abs becoming such a way of life that it seems more effortless but in the meantime, I will flex my abs muscle and keep experiencing the cravings and know they will pass. I will get to the other side. I have read posts where people say something just eventually clicked in the brain and abs became a way of life. I think there are 2 clicks for me.

Click 1- the will/courage to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT the cravings. I think this most important. It means, for me, being abs even if I don't want to be because it is for the greater good.

Click 2- not yet fully experienced but I am hopeful. This will be when I realize consistently that alcohol is poison to me and it does not tempt.

Sometimes the hardest things are the ones we most need to do. I encourage us all to fight and never quit fighting. It is cowardly to shy away from the fight.

We only have one life. Don't waste it being wasted.

Comment

Working...
      X