Crying during Hypno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crying during Hypno?

Hi - I've only listened to the clearing track so far - but on both occasions when he was speaking to my subconscious mind I started crying - has anyone else experienced this?

Also - any ideas for swallowing those very large primrose oil capsules? I'm not sure I can!!
    I x
    Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
    :whee:

Crying during Hypno?

Hi Ilex,

I am more emotional at times than others but I do think our moods affect how we respond to the cds.
    Maybe there is something down in your heart that is sensitive to this voice. I know in the beginning, the "niceness" of James' voice really impressed me. I think this is because I'm very sensitive to the tone of people's voices. Especially people close to me..my husband for example naturally speakes gruffly. I've tried to explain to him how this makes my feel....he just says "you're too sensitive"..
    Oh well..........my problem, I guess.

Keep listening and go ahead and cry.......It will help to get things out!

:l Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Crying during Hypno?

Ilex, I think that is great that you cried. I mean not that we want you to be sad but that is what the clearing tape is designed to do - clear out any hidden sorrow or grief of guilt. I think it is really doing that for you. Keep listening even though it may be difficult and you will very likely feel a great lifting of your overall mood in the weeks to come.

I have really found a difference in my overall mental health through the tapes - although I cannot explain it. I have not cried but I think it is a very natural reaction.

Lots of water with the primrose. Also some shops carry smaller capsules - you might check around a bit.

Blessings to you,
      Rivergirl

Comment

Crying during Hypno?

Hi Ilex,

People have had all sorts of interesting reactions to the clearing tape, including angry feelings coming up, tears, you name it. It is not weird at all. Remember that alcohol is a great way to keep our feelings at bay (at least speaking for myself it is ) and the CD's are just helping to let some of that out. I think that it is very positive that you can let them move you that way!

Also, the primrose capsules are available in smaller sizes. Definitely look around for them! Mine are smaller than some of the other things that I have to take.

Best wishes and good luck!

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Crying during Hypno?

Hi Ilex:

Yes! This is a good thing that you are moved to cry during a hypnosis episode.

Fortunately, on this forum, I can be my deeper introspective self (sober Neil), and not worry about putting on the “Mr. Spock” engineering type persona that is required of me in my daily life.

A few thoughts for you. If I look at the act of crying from a scientific bio-medical engineering type standpoint, then some things become apparent to me. Forget about all social stigma and preconceptions for a minute here. You know, the conception that crying is the act of an emotionally weak person. I say hogwash!

Crying is an exocrine gland function. The eyes have tear ducts for a reason. They keep the surface of the eye moist and clear from debris. Moreover, when a wave of intense emotion is experienced, be it love, grief, despair, or many others, then your brain literally lights up with electrical activity. Emotions are like thoughts that manifest themselves physically. This electrical activity causes the chemistry in your brain to go into overdrive, and because of all the reactions, many so-called stress hormones and chemicals are produced.

These stress chemicals cannot stay in the system, and must be discharged by some means. Researchers have found the markers of these stress chemicals abundant in tears discharged during these emotional events. These chemicals can cause damage, I believe to our internal systems if not discharged and eliminated. That is why we feel so much better after “a good cry”.

Events long buried in our past, can remain locked in the memory stores of our minds. I think Carl Sagan once wrote about how human memories are actually encoded in RNA sequences, and neuron interconnections in our physical brains. These are real things that are our own. Whenever something happens that re-triggers these events, then the encoded thought and resulting emotions can come back with the same intensity as they were when first encoded. A song, a smell, or a picture can trigger these encodings in this way.

Another theory maintains, and I have personal experience with this as well, that emotional states are locked in muscle tightness as well. A trained massage therapist can manipulate the muscles, and the nerves within, and many times release a flood torrent of these locked in traumas and events.

Without getting TOO long-winded, the hypnosis (and I am personally experimenting with my own audio hypnosis from my own voice), sets up a brain state where the shields and blocks we have built to protect ourselves from these past events and traumas are pulled down. If we sense that we are OK to cry (being alone or with others who understand our plights), then finally the patterns and encodings can be discharged finally. Some times after many decades.

The child is told not to cry, and to be a “big boy or girl”, so we are trained to not discharge the necessary chemicals when necessary. In my opinion, this is a big reason our society is so dysfunctional. It is also my personal opinion and belief, that if people were allowed to cry where and whenever necessary, then we would live longer and healthier lives. Eventually the stressors within damage our heart, lungs, circulatory systems, and a myriad of other organs and organ systems.

So here is a confession for you. Last year, I was doing some other recording work from some cassette tapes I wanted to put on to CD’s. One was from a cassette I had bought maybe 25 years ago. I did a pretty good job of the transfer, and put the thing into my car CD player, and was playing it. Then, out of the blue, the fourth song or so started playing, and I had not heard it in over 20 years. It was the favorite song of mine, when I was deep in a passionate romance and love affair about the same time. It was a girl, that I broke up with because she had taken money from me under false pretenses to buy some narcotics with. It was a terrible breakup, and at the time, I just drank the pain and grief away. So into the song about 2 minutes, my sober self began the waterworks flood. Holy crap! Here I am, at 50 years old, crying because of a song. I had felt so much grief for myself, and for her, that I never got out. It had been in there a very long time, and I can tell you, it really shook me up. So this is just another facet in what becoming sober is all about.

My advice, is keep getting those things out. It takes a long while, but the healing up can begin if you discharge those past emotions. If you were to meet me in person, and see me at my work place, I would be the last person you would thing would say this sort of thing. However, becoming sober is more than just stopping drinking I have found. Much more. It is getting to that place where we can live with ourselves successfully, without the crutch of numbing alky juice. Believe me, I know the pain, as most everyone else on this forum does.

About those primrose oil capsules. If they are the gelatin type, with the oil inside, then you can take a pin and poke a little hole in them. Take a couple of tablespoons of your favorite salad dressing, and squeeze the contents of the capsule into the dressing. Then put it on your salad veggies, and chomp down. I read this in a book about others who had trouble swallowing those horse size capsules.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Crying during Hypno?

Thanks for your support guys!

Neil, your message I found very moving - both the theory and the emotional - you are obviously a very sensitive guy! I liked your theoretical approach as I too am a scientist by trade so it helped to really relate things! Thank you - I will continue with the tapes and let the tears roll if needed.....!

I x
            Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
            :whee:

Comment

Working...
            X