Another Quote about Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer is a means of bringing us into comformity with God's will, not a magic mantra that ensures God's conformity to ours.
    :h :h :h :h

Hi Imagine,
    I just found this morning prayer in my Sunday Journal and thought it was just right for all of us.

O God, our Father, who makes the light to shine out of the darkness, I thank you for waking me to see the light of this new day. Help me not to waste the hours given to me on this day; to aviod spoiling any of its moments; to neglect none of its opportunites; to hopefully succeed in all the tasks that present themselves. Then finally at even-tide, grant that I may remain un-defected by any temptations, at peace with others, and at peace with you, my Creator.

Probably the only thing missing from this prayer is that I may be at peace with myself. Today is my 18th day AF and I can honestly say I am at peace with myself since I made the decision to do something about my drinking.
    eace:

Comment

Hi Diana,

I just love that prayer.......Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Congratulations on 18 days!

Keep in touch, okay

Comment

I am not religious, and i stepped in here on accident, but i'm glad i did. Thank you for posting.
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

We're glad you did too newgirl!

:welcome:

Comment

Hi,
            Here is another prayer that seems to fit our situation and this time for the evening.

Let your Spirit enter my heart to remind me that I am but a stranger and pilgrim here on earth. Keep me in your heavenly grace so that I will not lose myself in the joys of earth that I may relinquiesh any desire for the purer joys of living in your kingdom. And if today, instead of happiness, I have suffered any disappointment or setback, if there has been any sorrow where I had hoped for joy, or sickness where I had looked for health, give me the grace to accept it from your hand as a loving reminder that this earth is not my eternal home.
            eace:

Comment

Diana,

I have to say Thank you again for sharing these prayers.....I'm going to print this last one and put it on my fridge.

You have brightened my spirit today

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Comment

Hi Diane, Imagine and Newgirl.......

Thank you for sharing here!
                I have printed off the prayers to keep nearby.
                It sure is nice to read your thoughts and prayers .

:h Nancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I read these prayers every morning.

Thanks again for posting them!

Love,
                  Nancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment