I am now completely DF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now completely DF.

After months of looking for alternatives and being stymied at every point I made a decision before Christmas to work myself into a completely drug free place.

I have considered other drugs and I have researched my butt off looking for the best balance. I was on 300 mg of Bac, 100mg of anti depressant and 50 mg of antabuse per day.

As of today I am on nothing. I worked my way down from the Bac slowly and the same with the other drugs. I have kept a stash of antabuse for emergencies.

Just another experiment. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Oh and I also quit smoking on the 15th of Jan!
    I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

I am now completely DF.

CONGRATULATIONS DAVE!
    It's so wonderful to take total control back of our lives instead of depending on pills, booze and nicotine to function.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Onya Dave and well done. How long were you on the Bac and what made you want to stop may I ask? Are the cravings still at bay?
      Diggin' being alive

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Wow. You rock, Dave. Congrats on quitting all of it! That's pretty awesome.
        Ginger

You are here:
        sigpic

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Dave - that's wonderful!

I hate taking pills for anything. Hope it all works out. Sounds like you are taking control of your life. Just remember - there's nothing wrong with a little help now and then if we need it.

:happy::happy::happy:

You rock Dave!!!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Way to go Dave! Wishing you all the best!

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Hi Dave,

That is brilliant, very well done to you.

Luv Flossie xx
              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

I am now completely DF.

WAY TO GO DAVE!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Keep us posted Dave.....I am taking anti depressants and sleeping medication and woould love to be off EVERYTHING
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Excellent! That must feel really great!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am now completely DF.

good stuff dave... keep it up
                      caper
                      AF since Sept 2013...
                      :alf:

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Well done Dave
                        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Great work Dave! Happy for you........keep it going!

Comment

I am now completely DF.

Dave_;1260356 wrote: After months of looking for alternatives and being stymied at every point I made a decision before Christmas to work myself into a completely drug free place.

I have considered other drugs and I have researched my butt off looking for the best balance. I was on 300 mg of Bac, 100mg of anti depressant and 50 mg of antabuse per day.

As of today I am on nothing. I worked my way down from the Bac slowly and the same with the other drugs. I have kept a stash of antabuse for emergencies.

Just another experiment. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Oh and I also quit smoking on the 15th of Jan!
                            I think this is bloody fantastic!!! I sure hope this is a completely successful experiment for you!
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                            X