help I had a seizure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help I had a seizure

I have been a member since 2006, I have been clean for some years then started again. Have had much stress in my life, a house fire, total responsiblitiy of everything including family, income, and all that goes wrong. Had a couple seizures in my sleep. All test are ok, am on seizure meds but wonder if others have had any seizures. I know I need to quit, drinking too much gin.

help I had a seizure

meggie;1260726 wrote: I have been a member since 2006, I have been clean for some years then started again. Have had much stress in my life, a house fire, total responsiblitiy of everything including family, income, and all that goes wrong. Had a couple seizures in my sleep. All test are ok, am on seizure meds but wonder if others have had any seizures. I know I need to quit, drinking too much gin.
    Meggie, are you an epileptic ie: have a pre existing condition, or are you seizuring because of alcohol withdrawal?

Either way you will need to withdraw from alcohol under supervision. Withdrawal can be physically very dangerous. It's imperitive that you seek medical help on this one.
    Bridget.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

help I had a seizure

Dearest Meggie,

Sorry to hear about your seizures and I hope that with your meds it will help. I have not experienced having seizures but I sure have experienced drinking too much. I hope that you will be able to get back to counting down those AF days. Stay strong and try, try, try to not let life's stress let you cave into drinking, it really doesn't solve anything. Remember the days that you were AF and how good it felt.

Anywho....keep us posted...your in my prayers.

Hugs,
      Janet
      AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

help I had a seizure

hi meggie,
        get back on that AL free countdown, it sounds like its time.

caper
        caper
        AF since Sept 2013...
        :alf:

Comment

help I had a seizure

Hi Meggie,

I also suffer with epilepsia, I had my first siezure when I tried to stop abrupt cold turkey..

next thing my older son found me on the kitchen floor in full siezure...
          I had several after, until I was give the treatment. I have been left with two liezures/clots in my left frontal brain lobe, and am meds for the rest of my life..

But should NOT mix alcohol with the meds..

also mega stress is a trigger, I had a nervous breakdown from all the preasure with my little son..not his fault really, but it happened..so another siezure....

Just had another EEG and,Yes there is more damage..!

DO NOT stop drinking on your own, get into detox and tell them about the siezures..

they are no joke and spark your brain...so please get help and go into detox do not do this alone...

plus if you are on meds for the epilepsia, do not drink...!! but do NOT do anything without seeing your doc, and be honest about everything, else they don't know the whole reasons

wish you all the best, but don't treat this lightly....

Jan :l

Comment

help I had a seizure

thank you for all your help. Yes, I am still drinking on the seizure meds. I know I need to quit. Wow, watching Whitney, Demi make you realize you can not always get -a-way with it. I wasn't trying to quit, they always happen in my sleep. All of my brain tests show nothing.

Comment

help I had a seizure

Meggie, you need to know all about your medical condition. Be honest. This is not about being embarressed, it's about being healthy and living your life the way it should be lived. I understand you're stressed, and many here have it seemingly much easier, but look at the last celebrity loss and you'll see it all comes down to a personal battle. It would always be great if we had more of what we think we need, but AL never solves the problem. Focus on yourself, know your body and what's wrong with it. And do what it takes to get well. Sounds so simple, but I know it's not. But seizures are extreme, and you don't need more. Think about what you want, please. You CAN'T mix AL with any meds, not even antibiotics. You have to get your head straight over this, get yourself better, and then for better or worse, you deal with life. You sound like the caretaker. Give yourself a break and be selfish - take care of you. It's taken me a life time to do it, and I'm still working on it. Don't let AL and everyone else rob you of your life. I'm so sorry if I'm harsh, but but you need to hear someone, even if it's not me, tell you some facts. Let me know if I can help you in any way, please.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

help I had a seizure

I need what you have to say Ruby. Spending so much more time at my job, doing more and more at home. All I look forward to is the night when work is done to curl in bed and watch a show, and have that relaxing drink. I know at my age it will kill me. The Al is what I do for myself, I hide it, and try to hide the effects. Need to find something else to look forward to.

Comment

Working...
                X