Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th February

Morning Troopers.

I just woke to the news that Whitney Houston has passed away at the age of 48. What a terrible shame and such a waste. How easily that could be any of us. Lets do our best to beat this shit eh?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Good morning Starty and all to come.

Sad news indeed, Starty.

Bloody hell, I'm up and at it so early today, I'm waitng for Woolworths to open its doors so I can buy fruit veg and chicken. Then I'll be off to friggingPick'nPay for the groceries.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tiggeroo. You never rest man!

I am staying in bed for a bit longer then I am meeting a friend for lunch in a country pub.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning all and all to come. I'm awake early cos No1 daughter txtd from Thailand to say that she's changed hotel and is off to visit the Grand Palace. I'm grateful for the contact so am not complaining!

Sad news indeed, I wasn't a fan but it's a tragedy nonetheless.

What's everyone up to today? I was super busy yesterday so not doing much. I dare say the afternoon will involve a certain rugby match, our little village is full of men in kilts, they have a local match whenever Wales play Scotland. I must say they bring a great atmosphere to the place!

My police check came through yesterday so I can start my volunteer driving, I'm quite excited. I shall have to go and hoover the Sootymobile now, cos me cars as untidy as me house!

Have a lovely relaxing Sunday everyone

Comment

Hi Molls, I signed up while you were away I think, I live out in the sticks and this is a scheme to help the elderly or disabled access hospital appointments etc. Taxis are so expensive and buses infrequent. I'm really looking forward to it.

You sound good lady, I hope work is ok tomorrow :l

Comment

Glad Joey got home safe, whats a mini deb?

Comment

Good luck for tomorrow Molly, you are bound to be nervous about going back to work, I hope everyone is kind to you :l

Thanks for explaining the mini deb. It's all about drinking for the young uns these days. My daughters friend is off travelling and her leaving party yesterday was a pub crawl in a hired coach round all the village pubs. It started at 1 and went on till about 9 then the kids went to town to carry on! On this occasion my daughter started drinking later and bailed out for a curry at 9 and I picked her up. I shudder to think what state others are in!

I'll tell you something I'm glad it's not me

Comment

Good morning Sooty,Molly Tips and Starty.
                All sounds good in the Army--Bloody hell Whitney Houston dead at 48. I was listening to her music yesterday.

Off to Wales to run up a mountain-- last year at the top it was so clear I could see the Mountains of Mourne in Ireland. BTW running is easier than the stationary bike Molly!!

Right Porridge awaits

Comment

x post Zen Go to sleep

Comment

Good morning, Mr tips,AnonStarty,molly,sooty and good night zens.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Another day in work today, But the good news is I have tomorrow off.

Comment

Morning army sad news about Whitney Houston i wasn't a fan but she an amazing voice. Good luck tomorrow Molly on your first day back at work. Well done Sooty good luck with the new venture also. Country pub lunch sounds lovely Starty. Running up a mountain? You must be super fit mrs A. You're an early shopper tipps i'm not so organaised in the early morning. Enjoy your day zenny with the girls. I'm going to visit my sister in law in hospital this afternoon she has problems with her lungs i guess mainly due to smoking and she's a binge drinker also. Time for my first coffee.:cupajoe:

Comment

Good morning Mario.

Comment

Morning Army

Comment

Good morning expat & firefox.

Everyone have a great day, catch you all laters :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X