Anyone have weight gain on Campral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Campral kept me from losing weight when I was eating only around 1000 calories/day for several days. I want to lose weight at least as much as I want to stop drinking. What are others' experiences? Campral was really helping me with my drinking.

Maggie

Maggie, were you also getting in some exercise? Sometimes your metabolism will slow down when you are dieting and working out will help jump start it.

I'll hopefully be starting the Campral as well, and I'll have to update this one I do.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

you need to keep in mind that you also have to eat enough calories to maintain healthy body function, if you do not u will not only not lose weight, but you will gain it due to your body going into startvation mode, for instance, I am 5'10', and I wieght 170lbs, just to maintain my wieght i can consume 2200-2500 calories a day, to lose wieght i only need to cut back about 500 calories a day and no more for safe weight loss, if i were to cut back to say 1400 calories a day suddenly, my body would think it was starving and would store everything i give it. the safest way to lose wieght is to find out how many calories you need to consume to maintain your wieght (prevention.com can help) and then cut 250 calories from your diet in the foods you eat in a day and increase you calorie burn by 250 calories a day, so see.. you have created a 500 calorie defecit in your diet and a 1lb safe wieght loss per week (3500 calories =1lb), in one month you have lost four pounds, which may not sound like a lot, but when compared to four pounds of water wieght, four pounds of fat loss is quite a change!!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thanks for your input AA and newgrl. No, I wasn't exercising regularly. I am tempted to try Campral again and make exercise and not drinking a priority. If the weight loss doesn't follow, then I'll "diet." My biggest downfall is drinking and eating salty carbs at the computer after work. I dont' think I was in "starvation mode" either newgrl because I had only been really watching it for a few days. Usually I drop like 6 pounds the first week.

Maggie

Comment

I've been on campral twice now, and while I haven't lost weight (too busy dealing with not drinking) I haven't put it on either.... the only thing that helps me lose weight is diet AND exercise.... bummer, wish it were easier! lol
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Flip wrote: I've been on campral twice now, and while I haven't lost weight (too busy dealing with not drinking) I haven't put it on either.... the only thing that helps me lose weight is diet AND exercise.... bummer, wish it were easier! lol
            I'm on Campral and haven't gained or lost weight either.

Comment

Working...
            X