Today the ups and downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today the ups and downs

Gee guys and girls it's been a while, I've been very absent the last few years. I don't recognise many names these days. Been here since 2008 on and off.! Hope everyone is well , sending lots of love to those of us that are not.. Me included !

My journey is full of ups and downs, today is a day for creating a new direction. I really want to let go of this demon, but know it will always follow me, how I choose to address it is up to me ! I don't want to be this person any more, guilt, shame etc etc. I live in the corporate world where drinking is the norm, but I just don't know how to say enough!!

End of the weekend and again I can't face the world. Ready for change called a AL therapy centre, need to address the issues as to why I want to drink. Been doing so well but fallen off the wagon since xmas Again!! Back on the horse and let's try once again!

Love to all x

Today the ups and downs

Welcome back Maddie, good for you for getting back on the horse so to speak. It takes bravery and commitment to becoming and staying AF, it is process I deal with daily..

Awareness and dealing with our underlaying problems are key to kicking AL! I know what you mean about having trouble facing the world, but sounds like you are. :goodjob:

Good luck to you!

Comment

Today the ups and downs

Thankyou

Thankyou I really appreciate your comments and support
      X

Comment

Today the ups and downs

Welcome back Maddie. Have been in the same boat myself. Fell off the wagon after Christmas big time and know I have to make some big changes in my life if I'm not only to stay off alcohol, but stay alive.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Today the ups and downs

Same boat as you Maddie, day one for me. I am reading a book called Best kept Secret by Amy Hatvany about a woman's decline into alcoholism and her recovery and two points were made that caught my attention. Being A/F allows one to feel and have to deal with their TRUE feelings. How long has it been since mine have been clouded over by alcohol. I wonder what I am really feeling. I will soon find out because i am joining you in being A/F starting today. The other thing that struck me is she brings forth the point that you have a problem with alcohol no matter how much you drink if you can't seem to control your intake. I am definitely one of those people who have the best intentions in the morning and let the voices lead me to my first drink and so on.

We can do this.
          Witching Hour Warrior

"White magic is poetry. Black magic is anything that works." - Victor Anderson

."

Comment

Today the ups and downs

Hello & welcome maddie & WHW,

Glad you are here, MWO is a good place!
            Found it myself 3 years ago this month & have been very attached ever since.
            I drank to blur/numb my feelings but not anymore.

Arm yourselves with a good, solid plan. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas. Be sure to read the MWO book too (you can download it right from the health store here).

Drop in the Newbies nest thread for more support. Lots of folks just getting started there as well

Wishing you the best!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Today the ups and downs

Welcome Back Maddie!!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Today the ups and downs

Maddie, we've all been there. Welcome back and good for you for keeping up the good fight! It is so worth it! :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                X