Anyone else work a varying night shift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi:new:-new to the program and site. Just picked up my script for Topamax today. Wahoo! Ready to get started but nervous. I am an RN and work 7p-7a, but not always the same days or amount of days (sometimes 3 in a row, sometimes one and off and on...you get the idea). The med regime is great but I don't know how to follow it on my screwy schedule. I'm afraid of being tired or having a reaction to the meds while at work...blah,blah,blah. I have lots of young kids, so just modifying my life and becoming a bat is not an option. Anyone esle in the same boat?

Hi there and welcome! I too work a different schedule most of the time - nothing like yours as I don't do overnights - my latest is 11.00 finish but I can't have a routine! I too take Topa. I found in the beginning that I had to juggle when I took it, but was lucky in that my SE's were very minimal. Just follow the titration schedule and if you notice any SE's that really bother you, either go back down or stay on that dose until they even out. The SE's totally went away for me in the end. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions - or join us on the New Here and Starting Topa thread which is on the meds forum. There aren't many of us posting there but the few that take Topa hopefully find it and post....... Good luck with it - good to have you with us!

Sun :l
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thanks, Sun. I worked last night and had no sitter for the little one today, so I am totally spent, but I'm going to start the Topa tonight. I have tonight and tomorrow off, so we'll see how it goes.
      Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
      X