Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th February

Good morning Army

Let's get the thread started, then I'll toddle over to yesterday's to have a wee read back.

Thank feck it's POETS day today. Have a good one!

What does everybody have planned for the weekend? Mrs. T is eager to haul me off to a big mall (the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere or summat like that) to go and spend a mall voucher I was given last year. I would have preferred to re-gift the voucher, given my abhorrence of large shopping centres and crowds. But noooooooooooo, apparently I need new clothes.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tips and everyone else to come
    Coffee and then off to walk puggy.
    bacinabit x

Comment

Morning Tips Patty and all to come
      Yes, thank feck its Friday. Been a manic but good week and I am ready for some downtime. Mr starts has gone off to Slovakia skiing for the weekend and me and the doggers are planning to veg out
      Just get through a day at work which is bound to be busy and then I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1263614 wrote:

What does everybody have planned for the weekend? Mrs. T is eager to haul me off to a big mall (the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere or summat like that) to go and spend a mall voucher I was given last year. I would have preferred to re-gift the voucher, given my abhorrence of large shopping centres and crowds. But noooooooooooo, apparently I need new clothes.
        Tip - Mr B needs some as well. His everyday white shirts are turning yellow. Soaking in janola has its limits. Any advice on the killer line that would get him into the shop?
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hiya Army!!

Good to see you Startypants. Hope you enjoy your free weekend.

Tipster, I like shopping but hate crowds. New clothes are nice as long as you like what Mrs. T picks out for you.

ExPatty - hope the weather has warmed up a bit. A mere 4C in Athens right now. More like 1C with the wind factor. I wore a coat over my ski-jacket to walk Freddo.

Missy - give the shirts to charity. If he has none to wear, he'll be forced to shop. :H Or just replace the old ones with new ones of the same brand. I have the opposite problem with Mr. Stirly. He's a clothes horse. I have to remind him how full his closet is whenever we go to the shops. He can pick up a light top or shirt once in a while, but it's the jackets that are the problem. He has eight winter jackets and at least four coats. And there are at least 25 dress shirts in his other closet.

Hoping you all have a great Friday!!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Ah friday lovely. Whoooosh thats me gone again...........
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning Army. Off for breakfast and then whooooooosh here also.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1263634 wrote: Tip - Mr B needs some as well. His everyday white shirts are turning yellow. Soaking in janola has its limits. Any advice on the killer line that would get him into the shop?
                It is not so much what gets said, but what remains UNsaid, as in: "Don't look at me in that tone of voice..."
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:hallo: Expattie, StartyPants, Stirly, Mrs. A & Tabbers
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;1263642 wrote: [COLOR=DarkOrchid]
                    Missy - give the shirts to charity. If he has none to wear, he'll be forced to shop. :H Or just replace the old ones with new ones of the same brand. I have the opposite problem with Mr. Stirly. He's a clothes horse. I have to remind him how full his closet is whenever we go to the shops. He can pick up a light top or shirt once in a while, but it's the jackets that are the problem. He has eight winter jackets and at least four coats. And there are at least 25 dress shirts in his other closet.

]
                    Last shirts were Singapore clones of his favourite shirt bought in 2004 .... I might have to try and work out what Singapore tailor it was and see if they still have the measurements. They did an amazing job.

tiptronic_ct;1263651 wrote:
                    It is not so much what gets said, but what remains UNsaid, as in: "Don't look at me in that tone of voice..."
                    :H:H
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

laters everyone have to leg it :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning army i have to go out very soon too and no coffee yet. be back later.:cupajoe:

Comment

morning. Up cleaning out chickens before 8 today. My body alarm still goes off even when its half term and the kids are away

Tigger has learned to read (at last) and discovered a joke book at her grandparents house so I got 10 jokes read out to me this morning. I had to pretend they were funny...here's one

What do you call a fairy who hasn't had a bath??

Stinkerbell.....

she's only 6, bless her!!!
                            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening Tippers, Expatty, Missy B, cirly wirly stirly girly, Ktabbers, Our Whizzy, Marioooo, Mollers, Fireyfoxy and all those yet to drop in

Weekend plans.
                              My Granny's 98th birthday tomorrow. Go Granny. :cheering
                              Mr JC is going to a lunch tomorrow and then watching the Rugby. I expect him to be poured through the door about 7pm ish. Means I can get a luvverly Saturday afternoon all to meself.

And Sunday it's my favourite Aunt in all the world doubled birthday party. I get to see all the family that I actually like.

Oh and I'd just like to say

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X